Sign in to follow this  
FS4

External autopilot panel with PMDG 737 NG or Captain Sim 727 aircraft

Is it possible to use an external autopilot panel with these airplanes? I am making one, and I can't find any key commands in FSUIPC w/FS2004 that work. It works fine with all of the default aircraft and I would like to be able to use my external panel for all airplanes. If they use different calls, are there any work-arounds? Thanks.

Hi,the software/aircraft devellopers keep as a big secret the way they communicate with Fs, if it is via Fsuipc, or any other compatible way. Some of them, they offer another way to handle the communication from external devices with their software, by using/simulating key presses (like the PIC).Another way, you can do what ever you want, is to emulate mouse clicks in your screen. This is has the limitation that the panel you want to clik in, must be the active one.Mouse clicks you can emulate, with Fsbus for any h/w devices and other s/w for joysticks etc.RegardsEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Xaipete Eddie,Now that FS2K4 features clickable virtual cockpits, do you know how they work? I understand that in a 2D panel, screen coordinates of a clickable area are defined within the gauge, and with key to mouse, you can assign a keystroke to it. Yet with a change of perspective within a virtual cockpit, how is it that clickable areas retain their "clickability" even though their screen coordinates change?I also have the Captain Sim 727. I'm currently building a throttle quadrant for it. Since it's all analog instruments, building a 727 cockpit is way beyond my skills/means, but I would like to at least do the center console, and just have the display show the virtual cockpit. I would love to be able to build an autopilot interface, but as I've read in your & other's posts in this & other's threads, it seems not doable at this time.Mike A(thanasiou)

Kalispera Mike,i don't know anything about vitrual cockpit and mouse clicks (really there is no coordinates there for reference), but maybe you can assign in std Fs aircrafts, almost all the fuctions to keypresses, right? Why to not use them by sending keyboard commands via FsBus, or with a keyboard emulator like Hangstrom, etc.?Eddie ArmaosAthens - Greece