Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

viewing model during repainting

Hi folks,When I am repainting a model and I want to have a look at the resultI start Fs9 and start the model.It`s very tricky to rotate the plane to have a clear view from all sides.( Especially the underside)Is there a special way to rotate the plane to view?RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Indeed a great tool. One question Leen, did you purchase it? I am unable to get a shot like you posted with the demo model, almost like it disables the print screen feature in the demo. If this is the case I'll buy it, but I need to know first. Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/PBTMCa.jpgCalVirAir International VACalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest danowat

Hey Michael,I have found, for whatever reason, both FSRepaint and FSDS2 disable the print screen button.....BUT......if you download "screenshooter", or maybe another screengrabbing program, you can use that to "print screen"Dan.

Hallo Michael,Sorry for my late reaction.My subscribtion on this topic failed.I can make normal screenshots by alt-print scr.With GrabClipSave (freeware) mutliple screenshots are possible.I did NOT buy the full package.Nevertheless this programm can be of great help by making a repaint.Determing "what is where" with the viewer saves a lot of time.Changes to the bmp`s, made with the buit-in paint programm , cannotbe saved ( for that you`ll need the full package.)BUT making a screenshot from the result and pasting this on the original bmp works great.Set your monitor to a very high resolution ( not during painting,just during the screenshot).As you can see I did paintwork in the BMP within FSRepaint .The size ot this BMP is 1024x1024.After the paintwork , I set my monitor to 1600x1174.Now I make the screenshot.On this screenshot the BMP has it`s full size.Cunclusion , it is possible to use the free demo for repainting.The full package gives more features and works faster.See the attachment under my logo for full size screenshot.Kind regardsLeen "Flybike" de Jagerhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/91940.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Thanks guys. Leen, the ALT-PRT SCRN was what I needed, I have always hit just print screen, but for some reason, that doesn't work with this program, but the ALT does, thanks.I like this program, but I have no need to use the full version, just to view paints as I go without starting FS and add new folders to the CFG, works great, here is my latest for my VA.I might have to do some more painting now! ;-)Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/PBTMCa.jpgCalVirAir International VACalVirAir Internationalhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/91941.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Holliday

Using this program as a 3D viewer changed the way I paint planes. I still use Photoshop and DXTBmp for the important work, but it is so nice to be able to see my changes in almost real time. I can work so fast now it feels like cheating.