Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Repainting the Reno P51

Hi folks.Alltough I have much experience with repainting I have a problem wich I cannot cope with.I am trying to make the propellor-blades of the P51 Reno racer by Roger Dial, in a grey color.I tried everything I can imagine but the transparency (0.0.0.) gets lost and propellorblades appear to be square.Please helpRegards Leen "Flybike" de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest danowat

Leen,Does the original prop texture have an alpha channel? , if so this is what controls the transparency, and will need to be present in your prop texture.Dan.

Guest danowat

Leen,I take it the original has the transparent area in 0,0,0 RGB, I take it you are making sure your new one also has 0,0,0 RGB in the same area, other than that the only thing i can think of is you are saving it in a different format to the original.Dan.

Thanks for the advise Dan,But, the problem was in the alpha layer.It`s solved now.See picture.Suzy Q. projectby Gunnar van der Meeren ( Norway) and me ( The Netherlands )Regards Leen "Flybike" de Jagerhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105919.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest danowat

Thought you said there wasnt an alpha channel? :-lol glad you got it sorted mate.Dan.

Hi Dan,Yes I made an alpha layer now.But when I open the original blade.bmp in Paint Shop Pro or with DXTBmp these programs tell me, NO AlphaI solved my problem by making an new blade.bmp , adding an alpha in DXTBmp and saving it as a DXT3 file.This works great.On the other hand my mistery stays.See the screenshot.One shows the original (black blades) the other my glossy ones.Just opened them with DXTBmp , and you see no alpha in the original.Shoot meRegardsLeen de Jagerhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/106070.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest danowat

I think the problem may lie in the fact the original is a 256 colour image, rather than your 16-bit DXT3 image.Dan.