Sign in to follow this  
SMaus

Weather Synthesis incomplete

Hi everybody,having used ASA 431 for quite a while now I haven't got any problems so far. Well, up to now...I just imported a longer flight - KSFO to NZAA - as usual, after the intro screen told me "weather synthesis complete". So far so good, everything looked as usual.When I tried to import the above flight I got the message "unable to perform briefing due to incomplete weather synthesis". Well, at least ASA offered me to install an overcast weather theme which I happily accepted. Briefing screens remained empty, however.I'm doing the flight right now to see what happens. Have you got any idea what's going on there?I'm running 431 with FS9 on XP 32. I didn't change anything, I didn't update anything or delete any stuff. It's the first time this is happening...

Guest JSkorna

Hi Steve,Was that plan a true FSX plan or a third party plan? Sometimes with a 3rd party plan there are data points that are not in the FS database and so therefore AS cannot process that point. The rest of the plan processes and AS works fine, it just doesn't know what to do with that point.Thanks,

That was with FSBuild, database updated to last month or so. Does ASA refer to the original FS9 database? Because if so, ASA will become more and more "unusable" over the months and years, since there is an inceasing number of obsolete and new waypoints and many of us update their "external" navdata (FSBuild, PMDG, Level-D, Wilco and lots of other) via Navigraph or so.On the other hand - this was the first time it happened to me and I really do a lot of flying. I simply detest the FS9 default stuff, whether it is the planes or the weather or the planner.But thanks for the hint!

Guest JSkorna

Hi,Yes, we have to use the default databases because that is what FS reads and uses when it runs. I am sure now that you know the reason you can just be aware and continue on! Load and save your plan in FS and then import the plan into ASA and things should work out also.Thanks,

I'll have a try when it happens again. At least a feasible work-around...Thanks very much for your help!