Sign in to follow this  
rogeravation

the PMDG team will release a custom EZCA profile in future?

Roger, I'm planning on acquiring this add-on soon, and I will then configure it for the MD-11 for sure.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

I'm planning on acquiring this add-on soon, and I will then configure it for the MD-11 for sure.
Hi Markus!Do you by any chance have an EZCA camera set for the MD-11 that you would be willing to share with us? :( Best wishes,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

I made a good one (I think). It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Of course in that course of getting the hang of it you might gain a lot of grey hair and/or go bald from ripping it out at the roots, but after that it's pretty easy, hehe.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Dan!

I made a good one (I think). It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Of course in that course of getting the hang of it you might gain a lot of grey hair and/or go bald from ripping it out at the roots, but after that it's pretty easy, hehe.
Wow - fantastic! If (pretty please) you could share it, I'll buy EZCA instantly. Even with the b***** Flight1 wrapper to contend with at installation time! Mind you, having read the EZCA manual, taken some headache pills, and read it again, I think EZCA could definitely be the biggest challenge. So your camera set would certainly give me a flying start. :(
It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.
<gulp> OK, Maestro, I'll take your word for it. But as we all know, a good example is worth a ton of theoretical descriptions in manuals. :( I reckon I'm more in the "gain a lot of grey hair and/or go bald from ripping it out at the roots" category....Best wishes,BrianP.S. If you don't want to post it generally yet, I believe you <hint alert> know my private email address.....? :(

Whooops, sorry about that Brian. This was another post I read from work and forgot about during my transition home. I meant to reply hours ago but just remembered and a little too late.I just started another project at the moment and need/want to spend a bit more time on my cameras and settings before I send it to ya. I need to add the walls (camera position limiter). I just saw that I need to redo it in a couple views.I think I'm tired of posting things like this since it's always out of generosity but too many times too many idiots find one problem and make a big deal of it so will email it to you to avoid comments from the peanut gallery. As I mentioned though I want to tweak a couple more things and maybe tone down the turbulence a tad more,,, just a tad. I toned down the runway bump and bouncing a lot to match more of what I see in the Dvd's I have.It get easy to set the camera's, the harder part I think is getting everything mapped the way you want and can remember. Getting the outside slew mode to work too me a while. Meaning if it's created using EZCA you won't have vertical slew. You might find it so easy you don't want mine but here's a run down. Let me know if you still do and I'll make the minor corrections to it tomorrow when I get home and send it your way. (I just hope it works the same, I don't know if my key and joystick assignments attach with it, never exchange them before).If you're familliar with the app, the views I've made are:Virtual CockpitPilotCo PilotEngineer SeatUnder FCPOverheadCenterFlight AttendantJump SeatAircraftOutside LeftOutside RightPassenger Door (From inside the AC so you can watch the Jetway coming toward you if you like)Back of Cabin (Sitting down in one of the back seats)Pilot Crew (This is behind the animated pilots, but be warned there isn't much to see as far as the VC hehe)Outside PilotNose Gear (Great for those times you need help parking ;)WorldNone (This mode can get you in trouble and I often make cameras for it but delete them to avoid switching to them until I come up with a better config).It cool for making one time views like when your planning on landing at RWY15R in KBOS and want the camera around where the threshold is. It has it's major plus's but now say you have that mapped to a key or cycle your views and enter that category and your in Vienna when you do.... well my system has always recovered but even though it may be a fraction of a second change to that view it can take quite a while for things to balance themselves out again.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Dan!Great to hear from you, as always. B)

I just started another project at the moment and need/want to spend a bit more time on my cameras and settings before I send it to ya. I need to add the walls (camera position limiter). I just saw that I need to redo it in a couple views.
That's cool — many thanks indeed. :( I do think that limiter is a great idea: it makes it so much easier not to destroy the illusion by suddenly finding yourself outside the cockpit sitting on the wing.:
I think I'm tired of posting things like this since it's always out of generosity but too many times too many idiots find one problem and make a big deal of it so will email it to you to avoid comments from the peanut gallery.
<rueful grin> I know exactly what you mean. Having posted everything from tutorials to voice sets in various forums over the years I have to say that the number of follow-up emails I've replied to as courteously as I can (when the real answer should have been "Why the **** don't you just try it and see what happens?") is fairly huge. I'm always happy to help anyone who is genuinely lost, but strident demands for hand-holding in spite of the fact that the question has already been answered in what I originally provided do make me begin to wonder why I bothered.....
As I mentioned though I want to tweak a couple more things and maybe tone down the turbulence a tad more,,, just a tad. I toned down the runway bump and bouncing a lot to match more of what I see in the Dvd's I have.
That's fantastic: I very much look forward to seeing the results of your expertise.
It get easy to set the camera's, the harder part I think is getting everything mapped the way you want and can remember.
:( I'm happy to hear it gets easier! But I can see that the mappings must be critical (and also have to work nicely with the mappings you have already set up).
Getting the outside slew mode to work too me a while. Meaning if it's created using EZCA you won't have vertical slew.
Ahhhhhh..... Is *that* what's going on? I thought it was something I did (or, more likely, didn't). Thank you for that, too!
You might find it so easy you don't want mine...
Don't hold your breath! B)
...but here's a run down. Let me know if you still do and I'll make the minor corrections to it tomorrow when I get home and send it your way. (I just hope it works the same, I don't know if my key and joystick assignments attach with it, never exchange them before).
Yes pretty please, Dan — as you know, I'm not looking for something that's immediately usable without any modifications, it's just that an example has to be a whole heap better than no defined cameras at all (which is all I've currently got)!
If you're familliar with the app, the views I've made are:Virtual CockpitPilotCo PilotEngineer SeatUnder FCPOverheadCenterFlight AttendantJump SeatAircraftOutside LeftOutside RightPassenger Door (From inside the AC so you can watch the Jetway coming toward you if you like)Back of Cabin (Sitting down in one of the back seats)Pilot Crew (This is behind the animated pilots, but be warned there isn't much to see as far as the VC hehe)Outside PilotNose Gear (Great for those times you need help parking ;)WorldNone (This mode can get you in trouble and I often make cameras for it but delete them to avoid switching to them until I come up with a better config).It cool for making one time views like when your planning on landing at RWY15R in KBOS and want the camera around where the threshold is. It has it's major plus's but now say you have that mapped to a key or cycle your views and enter that category and your in Vienna when you do.... well my system has always recovered but even though it may be a fraction of a second change to that view it can take quite a while for things to balance themselves out again.
That sounds great!Many thanks for the tip about world views, too: it could have taken me a while to work out what was happening in that scenario!I look forward to receiving your camera positions whenever you're ready, my friend. :( Every good wish,Brian