Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

What are the best freeware and payware flight planners for FSX?

Hello all,I am curious as to what everyone uses for flight planning. What are the more popular freeware/payware addons for flight planning?Is it possible to type in a pre-defined waypoint into your flight plan using the default FSX navigator or do you have to drag your navigation line to the waypoint that you want?Thanks

I use mostly vRoute (the payware version) for flight planning, and charts for routes that are not already in vRoute (enroute charts are available free for many parts of the world). vRoute includes reasonably accurate fuel planners for a lot of addon aircraft.I've used FSBuild in the past, but the interface is not very user friendly, and updates are becoming less and less frequent (latest AIRAC cycle for FSBuild at this time is 1005).

Plan-G is a nice freeware flight planner. You can enter waypoints in a search field and add them to your plan. It uses Google maps as a background which is nice.http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Mike Beckwith

How do you all feel about Navigraph?
I think their FMS data service is excellent value for the money. I've haven't used their chart service much - the charts they have are in many cases available for free anyway (from legitimate sources, not pirated stuff). I wish they had VFR charts, though.

Is vRoute general aviation friendly or is it geared more towards the heavy iron?

Plan-G is a nice freeware flight planner. You can enter waypoints in a search field and add them to your plan. It uses Google maps as a background which is nice.http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/
I don't know how serious you are about your flight planning but the suggestion from Highmike regarding Plan-G is spot on. It's simple to use and does the job, I also love the interface, not to mention it is free.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I am torn between Navigraph and FSCommander. FSCommander looks like it has more utilities but Navigraph has a simple use and easy to read UI.

I am torn between Navigraph and FSCommander. FSCommander looks like it has more utilities but Navigraph has a simple use and easy to read UI.
HelloNavigraph offer charts and FMC data only.Where is the flightplanner from Navigraph you refer to?.FSCommander is superb as are FSbuild and Vroute premiumYou may also like SuperFlightPlanner (freeware).For an all round planner (VFR and IFR) I would get FSCommander