Sign in to follow this  
brian747

Boing....!

Looks like a fun add-on. Download and installation were flawless, given PMDG's excellent documentation. Rather than leaping straight in to carrying big lumps of cargo (although I configured the Shift-C keystroke, ready to go), I first took the lady on a gentle spin from Heathrow and back, with an autoland at the end so I could watch the external views.She bounced! :o I've never seen that (well, not on an autoland, anyway) before, so I'm wondering if I mis-configured something, or whether I've missed something in the docs that tells me not to try an autoland?Next time I'll land the enormous beast the old-fashioned way!But I look forward to getting to know her better — and perhaps treating her more gently! :wink: Cheers,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Hey hey Brian, The only time I ever saw any bouncing was if the "Ignore Crashes and damage" was checked in the Realism settings. Maybe somehow it got set? If it is, it will be bouncing whenever you get near land.Good luck!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I no idea why, but sometimes my 747 bounces when stationary on the runway. Especially when i change views. Weird, but i got used to it! :-)

Haha, yeah I know what your talking about Adrian, I see that one all the time. I wouldn't have thought of that as a bounce though,,, more of a dribble :wink:That's just an FS'ism. I have seen it both with default and addon scenery.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier