Sign in to follow this  
bradrcfii

Monitor Resolution

I checked the manual and was unable to locate a recomended monitor resolution. I did search the forums based on the key word "resolution" and received many results. However, when I click into a thread and then back arrow to the previous web page (the search results) I receive a bank web page. The result is that I have to search, read a single thread and then search once again, a time consuming process.What monitor resolution was the PMDG 747 written for (2d for main panel)?Thanks a bunch.

Best answer I can think of is to use the "native" resolution for your monitor. The 2D graphics are scaled for a 4:3 aspect ratio, but the VC works great on widescreen.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Brad,Dan's right, but your question is valid. I was also expecting that there would be a recomended resolution from PMDG, but alas not.I have experimented with various resolutions and color depths but I think the biggest factor is your capability of your video card and monitor and how many FPS you are expecting.RegardsMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Now a days, the default or native resolution should always be used, unless of course you have a monitor that superscedes your video card which is very rare. Native resolution is also normally the monitors max resolution, but not always the case. I saw better FPS in FS2002 when I ran it at 16bit color depth rather than 32, but using a lower resolution than what your monitor is meant for will usually make it work harder than one may think.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I should have mentioned my problem. I run the main 2D Captain's panel on a 22 inch monitor. The display, on the right side does not include the gear lever. I have the PFD, ND and the systems display and that is it. I would like to have more panel displayed moving toward the FO position to inlcude the gear lever.Another product has a widescreen panel that was written by a user and was wondering if there might be a simlar solution for the 747?

Hi Brad!

.... a widescreen panel that was written by a user and was wondering if there might be a simlar solution for the 747?
Hmm, well there's something of a mystery about that. Someone did post a few months ago saying that they had developed such a panel and would seek permission from PMDG to release it. Since then, nothing, nada, silence.....Such a pity, when so many of us are now using widescreen panels. :(
Another product has a widescreen panel that was written by a user....
Yes indeed, I use one with the DA (now supported by Flight1) Fokker, and it really is a big improvement. Best wishes,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg