Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Airplane Beauty Contest

Absolutley no competition, without doubt and has been for sometime my favourite commercial airlinersthe 777-200 [not soo hot on the -3] British Airways Livery is both ageless and beautifulb777braw.jpgboeing777-200er-brita-5.jpg

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hmm, mine could be a fairly long list, headed up by Concorde, of course.But if I had to choose just one, in all fairness I guess I'd have to go with my first love — the VC10. Sheer grace!Cheers,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Thunderbird 2
haha! :DFor me:#1: Concorde#2: MD-80#3: F-16Best regards,Robin.

Hi guys,For me, the best looking plane is definitely the Boeing 757-200, followed by Boeing B777-200 and Boeing B787-800 Dreamliner.There is something amazing about 757. It sleek body. I especially love 757s in American Airlines' livery with winglets, which make the airplane look bigger.My second favorite is the Triple Seven. Those huge engines... Just amazing.and... the Dreamliner! Amazing airplane. Very elegant body and again... huge engines and wrecked winglets. Beautiful. I can't wait to see the -900 variant, because -800 seems to be a bit too short...The ugliest plane? Definitely the TU-134 and B747SP. Great topic!Cheers,

Hi Karl,Did you know that the Caravelle borrowed the nose section of the Comet? (That's the only portion of the Comet I liked, by the way but I am partial LOL.gif )BrunoPS : You forgot Concorde ! Shame on you ! :(
Hi Bruno,You're quite right and I hang my head in shame :( However it was deliberate for the only reason that Concorde really is in a league of its own and can't really be compared to anything else out there.I had heard in the past that certain design items had been "borrowed" by the French for the Caravelle but never any specifics, now that you've pointed it out it looks kinda obvious. RegardsKarl

I was going to come here and announce, adamantly, how superior the Boeing 757-200 was in not only the eye-candy department, but every department; But those Boeing 777 screenshots several of you posted make her look amazing, sleek, and almost perfect.B777 gets a +1 this day.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

#1 Boeing 757-200 PW. Great legs, beautiful nose and nice bo... I mean engines LOL.gif #2 Airbus A330. #3 Cessna Citation X/MD-11Can't decideUgliest: Airbus 321

I wonder if Robert is going to put in his opinion. :( I bet it will be the NGX, not the real 737NG series, but the NGX, and maybe a random screeny of it. Or maybe Vic, on Ryan. Who knows.Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

Tupolev Tu-114 for me. Something about the futuristic jet like fuselage design combined with the classic look of props to me can't be beat. It symbolizes the best of both ages coming together, and is part of the golden age of aviation in my opinion. I have never seen a CV990 before though, but that is also one very nice looking airplane. To answer the original question though not all airplanes all the same. I think some definately have more beauty than others. Can't find a good photo to insert in this thread. To bad pictures of this bird are so rare, and the very few belong to airliners.net. :(

I have few more such as the F-14....retired in 2006, F-18 E/F Super Hornet. Boeing 757-200 esp. United Airlines in the 2004 livery.:(

Hello gents,Of course the Concorde but talking subsonic plane:1) CV 990A Cheers,

A late entry, borrowed with(out) permission from the French Avsim forum (thank you David) ...and airliners.net of course !index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=23166Cute, eh? :( Bruno

anything that is a boeing is beautiful!airbus.. most ugliest things i have ever seen, inside and out! as i always say, 'if it aint boeing, i aint going'