Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Re: NGX impending release: Are we there yet?

I heard that the woodpigeon comes complete with a fully functional magnetic compass, a timer, and a set of maps, and a nice pair of goggles.
Well then I will be the first who will buy that bird :(

I heard that the woodpigeon comes complete with a fully functional magnetic compass, a timer, and a set of maps, and a nice pair of goggles.
Someone mentioned a while back about the type and size of the hat/helmet that the flyer will be wearing. CAN WE PLEASE HAVE ANY UPDATE from PMDG regarding whether the helmet will be selectable via a menu option, and whether there will be an appropriate aerodynamic effect based on the helmet?!I assure you, I WILL NOT buy this aircraft if you do not model the range reduction for when I decide to wear a big-butt helmet!!!Come on guys.... We've been waiting forever, can you PLEASE give us a darn helmet update. Good grief!

What is there to "update"? Robert stated one week ago that they are in final testing of the Alpha version. Let them do their testing, it wont be in beta any faster because of all this "please update us"-posts :(

What is there to "update"? Robert stated one week ago that they are in final testing of the Alpha version. Let them do their testing, it wont be in beta any faster because of all this "please update us"-posts :(
i think the above post was a joke...

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Definitely a joke. Ethan is one of the most serious members of this forum (I said serious, not "humorless") and not the kind of guy who kills himself for an update. I can assure you.

Matheus Mafra

Definitely a joke. Ethan is one of the most serious members of this forum (I said serious, not "humorless") and not the kind of guy who kills himself for an update. I can assure you.
Yes. Thank you. To everyone: Total joke, I was just messing with PMDG humorously imitating the many "give us an update now!" posts. I was posting about a long running joke regarding the woodpigeon, which is not even a plane that they will be modeling. :(

Someone mentioned a while back about the type and size of the hat/helmet that the flyer will be wearing. CAN WE PLEASE HAVE ANY UPDATE from PMDG regarding whether the helmet will be selectable via a menu option, and whether there will be an appropriate aerodynamic effect based on the helmet?!I assure you, I WILL NOT buy this aircraft if you do not model the range reduction for when I decide to wear a big-butt helmet!!!Come on guys.... We've been waiting forever, can you PLEASE give us a darn helmet update. Good grief!
What did you mean by helmet???I just noticed that posts about NGX occupied all top 5 most viewed posts of the entire AVSIM forum... PMDG is making history!

Well then I will be the first who will buy that bird :(
I hope it comes with Navigraph updates!!!

What did you mean by helmet???I just noticed that posts about NGX occupied all top 5 most viewed posts of the entire AVSIM forum... PMDG is making history!
It was a joke about the woodpigeon. Don't take anything I said seriously. It was just a joke. A woodpigeon is an old bi-plane with an open cockpit, so traditionally a helmet would be worn. For those of you who don't know, woodpigeon jokes go way back with pmdg, so my joke certainly wasn't the first. There was a joke thread called "Available Variants for the Woodpigeon" that was on here a couple of weeks ago. I feel bad because I can't try to give the forum a little humor, because do many people don't know about the woodpigeon jokes and take me seriously.

Well, this is interesting.....PMDG is giving out a free copy of the NGX:http://www.nyartcc.org/bigapple/threads/10540-ZNY-Treasure-Hunt-04-10-2011The question is.....will Robert, Ryan, and the crew have others for sale? <hint>

Guys guys! Calm down, the woodpigeon will be released when it is ready. All these requests about updates just makes the production take longer. I am sure that when it is released it will be the best woodpigeon simulation made for FSX. :(

Guys guys! Calm down, the woodpigeon will be released when it is ready. All these requests about updates just makes the production take longer. I am sure that when it is released it will be the best woodpigeon simulation made for FSX. :(
Considering it will be the only one ever produced for FSX, I have a few things to say.The woodpigeon will be the worst of its kind ever produced. The VC will have the worst quality, the flight model will be the poorest simulated, and the exterior model will be the lowest quality. It will for sure have the lowest customer satisfaction and reviews to match. It will take the longest time to produce and we will receive the lowest amount of developer updates.(I feel compelled to add this disclaimer. The use of superlatives above that apply to only one thing means that nothing said here can be taken literally, and may just as easily apply to positivity.)

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

I know I can get in big trouble with the EULA agreement and never be able to beta test again but I can't resist showing a preview...wp.jpg