Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Lets talk about Friday...

I think when it is wider beta we should expect to see the beta team giving us information on the performance, features etc. This is how we will know as there has been mention of the nda being lifted for that stage. I hope we get there soon; my pc is all configued and running well and ready to get a complex add-on.

Simon

isnt it in wide beta for error-free-ness or something like this? I'm lost in dev process, but patiently waiting ^^Cheers
As I understand it, it's still in the first phase of the beta where it's pretty much just the tech team looking at it. They have yet to enter the "wide beta".

As I understand it, it's still in the first phase of the beta where it's pretty much just the tech team looking at it. They have yet to enter the "wide beta".
Ahh okay :) just a little more waiting than I expected. But is't welcomed, because my bank account is empty xD

Really curious if the NGX can equalise this picture. The colours are lovely, lightning is very great, and the blue of the artifical horizon is also very great, not light blue but dark blue.[alert]<<Photo removed by admin - Breaches airliners.net copyright and AVSIM policies.>>Momtchil[/alert]

Really curious if the NGX can equalise this picture. The colours are lovely, lightning is very great, and the blue of the artifical horizon is also very great, not light blue but dark blue.
Lovely picture, looks 'real' !Drooling.gif

Z. C

Really curious if the NGX can equalise this picture. The colours are lovely, lightning is very great, and the blue of the artifical horizon is also very great, not light blue but dark blue.
While the photo is nice, it is just that, a photo taken with an improper white balance. Those colors simply are not accurate (we won't paint our panel black either :().That being said, all of the DUs (Display Units) are fully (and independently) dimmable, so if you like it darker, you will be able to make it so.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

For those wondering...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_balance

Noah Bryant

Are the pantone numbers for the cockpit instruments available to the public somewhere?

Hi all.There has been a recent post on PMDG's Facebook by one of the testers - George. He outlines, I think, reasons why PMDG haven't released the beast yet. I strongly believe that the team at PMDG want the release to be flawless and if you read Georges post, you will see what I mean. I was going to paste it here but I am not too sure whether I should do that.Have a look and you may then understand just what is going on behind the scenes.PMDG, this is not meant in any way as a critisim by me and I hope that the post in Facebook is genuine.

Hi all.There has been a recent post on PMDG's Facebook by one of the testers - George. He outlines, I think, reasons why PMDG haven't released the beast yet. I strongly believe that the team at PMDG want the release to be flawless and if you read Georges post, you will see what I mean. I was going to paste it here but I am not too sure whether I should do that.Have a look and you may then understand just what is going on behind the scenes.PMDG, this is not meant in any way as a critisim by me and I hope that the post in Facebook is genuine.
I think it has been on avsim awhile; is this the same one?http://forum.avsim.net/topic/336306-impressions-of-the-ngx/

Simon

Strangely, the pics I've seen of the NGX VC does not look like that in respect of the front windows. In your picture the top and bottom edge of the windows are near enough parallel whereas the shots of the VC for the NGX have the top edge of the windows sloping upwards towards the outer edge.Maybe it's a perspective thing or due to the position of the camera. Iain Smith

Strangely, the pics I've seen of the NGX VC does not look like that in respect of the front windows. In your picture the top and bottom edge of the windows are near enough parallel whereas the shots of the VC for the NGX have the top edge of the windows sloping upwards towards the outer edge.Maybe it's a perspective thing or due to the position of the camera. Iain Smith
Oh thanks Iain!!!!... I'll go rebuild the VC to make it match a picture you found because obviously my laser measure was giving me inaccurate readings when I measured cockpit windows, and then when I cross referenced my findings with Boeing technical diagrams, I must have been reading my kid's lego box!.Common' guys... we got this covered. Colors, window shapes, and everything in between. You can all sit back and relax.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Oh thanks Iain!!!!... I'll go rebuild the VC to make it match a picture you found because obviously my laser measure was giving me inaccurate readings when I measured cockpit windows, and then when I cross referenced my findings with Boeing technical diagrams, I must have been reading my kid's lego box!.Common' guys... we got this covered. Colors, window shapes, and everything in between. You can all sit back and relax.
Ah ah ah... Excellent ! :(

too much, too soon....