Sign in to follow this  
nrcapes

737_600 PFD altimeter freeze

At 7000 ft on downwind to an ILS to KSMF, the PFD altimeter is at 7000. ATC commands descent to 3000. Autopilot descends to 3000 according to the backup altimeter but the PFD altimeter remains at 7000. Disabling autothrottle and autopilot will not budge it. Environment: Windows 7 64-bit, FS9 SP1, FSUIPC 3.99, PMDG 737 1.03, Radar Contact 4.03.

You got the heating on?Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You got the heating on?Al
Do you mean probe heat? Yes. If it were a pitot tube freeze, the backup altimeter would also be stuck.

yup, just a thought.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If you switch panel view by using the standard FS SHIFT-NUM key rather than the assigned icons or hot keys for view switching (I use the same hot keys as indicated on the panel icons - bring up the dropdown PMDG menu from the FS menu var) you will get some freezing instruments. Try switching from the (M)ain panel to the (Z) panel or (O)verhead and back using the icons or hot keys to refresh the screen to see if that helps.I don't know if the 737 uses FSUIPC or not to pull the altitude but if you have not updated FSUIPC since installing Radar Contact you definitely need to for Win 7 32/64 bit versions. I pinned a couple of links on the RC forum here on AVSIM. I know you are getting standby altitudes but I'm thinking earlier versions of FSUIPC might have a memory issue affecting certain functions.