Sign in to follow this  
nrcapes

NAV1 radio dead default C172

In doing a vor-to-vor check, the NAV2 needle is alive and points to the VOR. NAV1 is dead-red flag and needle doesn't move as the OBS is changed (both nav's tuned to the same VOR). I haven't seen this problem until recently. I have FSUIPC 3.9 (registered), Radar Contact V4. Saitek multi-panel, 2 Saitek throttle quadrants, one Saitek yoke. Windows 7 b4-bit, FS9 with acceleration pack.Anyone have any solution short of re-installing the sim?

Hi NRCAPESThe problem sounds to me as if it has something to do with the radio settings in the "aircraft.cfg" file for the C172.Try searching for the [Radios] - Square Brackets. It will looks something like this:[Radios]// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1 = 1Com.1 = 1, 1Com.2 = 1, 1Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0Adf.1 = 1Transponder.1 = 1Marker.1 = 1Try to play with the Standby frequency Numbers in the Nav1 and Nav 2 sections (the second Number). As shown in my example here a "1" means that the radios has stanby Frequencyes, and a "0" means it has not. Try changing the second number from 1 to 0 or from 0 to 1, and the problem will normally disappear. Try this for N1 and N2 one at a time, save the file and reload FS9.Hope this helps

Hi.I'm sorry if this is a stupid suggestion but I think you may have the NAV/GPS switch set to GPS. It effectively disables NAV1 if you don't have a flight plan or direct-to in the GPS.Regards,D

Does this happen with any aircraft?Do you hear the VOR's morse code when you turn on the nav1 ident on the audio panel?

Hi.I'm sorry if this is a stupid suggestion but I think you may have the NAV/GPS switch set to GPS. It effectively disables NAV1 if you don't have a flight plan or direct-to in the GPS.Regards,D
Very embarrassing. That is what the problem was.thanks!

Very embarrassing. That is what the problem was.thanks!
Not embarrassing... I know about it and still forget...