Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

Customize your PMDG 737NGX

I have only just started watching it and only hearing the change between ANALOG and ISFD! The Sound in the cockpit changes very slightly! Incredible Detail!!!
yeah, i would probs keep it digital to remove the sound ;) :(

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

cant imagine how crazy this forums goes when the ngx is released!! really really worth the long wait..
I'm expecting it to be fairly quiet while everyone is out flying their shiney new 737!

Anyone able to answer my question regarding liveries and airline options?

One Question just came up my mind:Does the NGX somehow saves the last airframe options used? Or do I have to set them up everytime I load the NGX?

How confusing can it be to select the 'option' next to the 'line-select-key' pretty basic and i think the options speak for themselves unless im missing something which i dont think i am.
as in some things you can change. E.g honeywell vs colins why are they different? Shouldn't the real plane only have one type and stuff like capture glidslope before localizer, remove ground speed. Can you do that in real life?

Guest SMITI07
as in some things you can change. E.g honeywell vs colins why are they different? Shouldn't the real plane only have one type and stuff like capture glidslope before localizer, remove ground speed. Can you do that in real life?
These are options that are on the real aircraft. It's like when you buy a new car and you get a list of added extras you can purchase. Airlines will decide what options to choose when they order new aircraft. So no, pilots can't change the options in real life, but what PMDG have enabled us to do is quickly and easily change the configuration of our aircraft to match the options the real airline chooses. I hope that helps.

Simply amazing! The detail in the VC, customizations and the quality of the external model are beautiful and seems very frame-rate friendly.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Blown away. I have no other words that I can use to express what I feel after watching this video. When the PMDG logo comes up at the start of a new video I feel I should bow or salute or something!!. PMDG I salute youim%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gif Pushing the boundries of whats possilbe in FSX

I'm not sure I'd want the livery installer to configure the cockpit for me - realism be blowed, I want a split axis flight director and I want to see my groundspeed. If QANTAS want to configure it the same way that all their other NGXs are configured then fine, they can buy it for me :( It would be better I think to have cockpit profiles, then we could have several saved configs ready to go and liveries could just include a profile file.I also think that PMDG will have thought of this already and implemented something smart that we'll all be impressed with when we see it :(

Gary Lowndes

Anyone knows what "Engines Double Derate" means? Maybe it's like using derate temperature + TO Derate on top of that

Alexis Mefano

Anyone able to answer my question regarding liveries and airline options?
There is a "Load Airline Options" menu item, which we did not show in this video.
One Question just came up my mind:Does the NGX somehow saves the last airframe options used? Or do I have to set them up everytime I load the NGX?
Yes, when you reload the aircraft, it remembers the way you had it set up on your previous flight. No need to customize each time you fly.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Anyone knows what "Engines Double Derate" means? Maybe it's like using derate temperature + TO Derate on top of that
A double derate (sometimes also called 'Common N1') is when you alter (reduce) the engine power rating specs via the FMC, by changing the thrust rating figure keyed into the FMC (this is effectively telling the FMC how much static thrust the engines can produce at ISA), then when you've done that, you also enter a (higher) assumed temperature other than the genuine OAT, so that this also derates the thrust used on take off. Thus you have used two methods to derate the thrust on the engines, and get a 'double derate'. It reduces engine wear and stress on the airframe, but you need a big enough runway and obstacle clearance to be able to do it safely.Derating the engines via the FMC is a capability that is there for a number of reasons other than the one above, first, so you can tell the FMC which engines are fitted, and second, so you can fit different models of CFM-56 to either side of the aircraft and then alter how much thrust they will use in order to match them into a pair that will perform in the same way. Along with some of the maintenance modes and BITE pages, derating the thrust is sometimes locked out from normal FMC operations on the real aeroplane, so that only engineers can access them.The 600 series NG is a 737 model where the engines are permanently derated to a lower thrust output.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Vin,At the EGPWS you've the option "smart" at "call 500". What does smart means?

I didn't see the option to turn on the virtual copilot pmdg member shouting at me telling me it was worth the wait

Gavin Price