Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

Customize your PMDG 737NGX

Just dont confuse the two. Derate and reduced thrust are two totally different means of lower thrust output. Rules apply to each one. You also mentioned that you tell the FMC which engines are fitted. You cant do that. Its preprogrammed information in the Ident page. As for fitting different models of engine to either side, the engines are all the same. From what our maintenance guys have told me its pretty much turn the dial and now its a 24k engine, then do it again and its a 22k engine. I am sure there is a wee bit more to it then that but in lay terms thats what he said. So when a 26k engine gets tired and cant produce 26k anymore they can pull it off and slap it on a 700 series and turn the dial down to 24k. JackColwill
I'm not confusing the two, I had to learn all this stuff when I was producing a manual for the Airbus A320 (which also uses the CFM 56) and it was very dull LOL. I was merely talking about a double derate from the pilot's point of view, as in a take off derate, since that is what you can do from the FMC. The other stuff I mentioned was purely as a matter of interest.As you say, genuine proper derate does indeed require a lot more than simply typing something into the FMC, i.e. you'd need to alter the Electronic Engine Control, the Hydro-mechanical Unit, the EEC's Alternator, the Fuel Pump, Engine Plugs and change the software that was installed on the FMC as well, otherwise FADEC would not work at all, which is why the stuff that is related to that on the FMC is usually locked out, as I mentioned.In case anyone is curious about all those CFM 56 bits, here goes:The HMU controls the engine cut off switches, the fuel metering stator vanes, bleed valve, the fuel nozzles, and the bleed air for the active clearance control (The ACC controls the engine fan casing expansion by directing bleed air at it in order to keep things fitting together properly).The EEC takes the sensor info from the aerolane and then computes the desired N1 setting. Having done that, the EEC also sends the data out the displays in the aeroplane, as well as storing data on performance which can be accessed during maintenance.The EEC alternator kicks in when N2 passes 12 percent and then powers the EEC, below that N2 speed, power is from the aeroplane's 115 volt system.The 'plugs' on the CFM 56 are the 'ID plug' and the 'Strut plug', the ID plug tells the EEC the maximum rating for the engine, the Strut plug tells the EEC the type of aeroplane the engine is attached to and whether it is on the left or the right of the aeroplane (i.e. this is largely why a proper derate cannot be done by the pilot from the FMC)It's not true to say that all CFM 56 engines are the same though in this regard. B2s can have a different bypass ratios for example (either 5.1 or 5.3 depending on the model), but aside from this, derating is indeed used to equalise the differences when B2 and C1 variants of the CFM 56 are used on the same airframe, which I'm sure your maintenance guys will confirm, although as you noted, there's a quite a bit that needs changing and it's not simply a case of bolting it on the pylon and off you go.What is more interesting than all of that though, is that flight sims are now getting so complicated and realistic that we end up mentioning this stuff on a forum, whereas a few years ago it was a thrill just to even have an FMC of any kind on an FS aeroplane, so good on PMDG for pushing things along once again.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

quote name='Guy014' timestamp='1307462441' post='1995261']Post #102 Vin said that the NGX remembers your settings so that you don't have to load your preferences each time. oke thanks for your reply, missed that one. But thanks :( Jeffrey.O

Very nice!!!!I forgive you for no WX RADAR! :( Best regards,Robin.

Yup, the fact is it looks like the mutt's nuts. And it will hopefully have the knock on effect of other developers having to raise their game too, although one suspects they might have a bit of work on their hands.I'm so pleased that the 737 is going to be the best-simulated aeroplane you can get for FS. With this kind of promise, they can keep it in beta all year as far as I'm concerned, so long as I know it is coming with this level of fidelity, I'll happily wait for it.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Vin,At the EGPWS you've the option "smart" at "call 500". What does smart means?
500' CalloutEGPWS - Another feature available in the Altitude Callouts is a "Smart 500" foot callout. When selected, this callout assists pilots during a non-precision approach by enunciating "FIVE HUNDRED" feet in addition to any other altitude callout if selected in the initial setup. The EGPWS determines a non-precision approach when Glideslope is greater than 2 dots deviation (valid or not) or a back-course approach is detected.This feature has the distinction of adding the 500-foot callout during non-precision approaches and removing the 500-foot callout on precision approaches when part of the callout option.Fair bit about it knocking about if you Google "egpws smart 500 callout"Cheers

Yep, it's essentially a context-sensitive mode for the callouts - on a stabilized precision approach, you know where you're at vertically, so it suppresses the callout.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Amazing.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Sounds like the UIAutomationcore.dll bug. If you select menus sometimes it would randomy crash FSX. I used to get it but after finding a fix its no longer a problem. Go to http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w and download the Uiautomationcore.dll and just drop it into the location of your FSX.
I know. But I tried several times to make that fix, but it just doesn't work. I can copy that file whereever I want to and it doesn't make any difference.Once I heard about registering the file somehow, but I don't know how and all tries to help me in that didn't work. So, no idea how to fix this.But Ryan, anyway can you tell me how the saving system works and may you modify it so that it world for useres with the same problems than me please?RegardsEmanuel Hagen

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Is this for real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's just too damn good... speechlessA MAZ ING(At least I know what the bumps are on top now so saved feeling stupid for asking lol)John Ellison

These are options that are on the real aircraft. It's like when you buy a new car and you get a list of added extras you can purchase. Airlines will decide what options to choose when they order new aircraft. So no, pilots can't change the options in real life, but what PMDG have enabled us to do is quickly and easily change the configuration of our aircraft to match the options the real airline chooses. I hope that helps.
It is amazing!a question:Is there a place where I can find which options are used in specific airliners.Let's say KLM. Is there anywhere a list so I can choose the option that are used in real KLM 's 737Thanks EricOops sorry, I missed a post. It is already asked

Very impressive. The clarity of the panel in unbelievable. And I love how user friendly the options are. No more fumbling through tabs and reloading the panel. Great job. I assume the options for ground equipment, like power cart and A/C are somewhere in the FMC too. Thanks again for sharing. It's a jaw-dropper even before it gets off the ground.

Very impressive. The clarity of the panel in unbelievable. And I love how user friendly the options are. No more fumbling through tabs and reloading the panel. Great job. I assume the options for ground equipment, like power cart and A/C are somewhere in the FMC too. Thanks again for sharing. It's a jaw-dropper even before it gets off the ground.
Yeah.. the GPU and other ground equipment are in a different section, and it's not just cosmetic decoration for around the airplane. The Equipment can only be set up under certain conditions, and in some instances are necessary (for example, the GPU actually supplies ground power.. )We only showed a fraction of what is available in the FMC as far as options go.... There is a lot there!

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Yeah.. the GPU and other ground equipment are in a different section, and it's not just cosmetic decoration for around the airplane. The Equipment can only be set up under certain conditions, and in some instances are necessary (for example, the GPU actually supplies ground power.. )We only showed a fraction of what is available in the FMC as far as options go.... There is a lot there!
Under certain conditions... Do you mean we can't enable a GPU at FL390 & watch it plummet into the North Atlantic? I'd pay extra for that option Big%20Grin.gif

pretty sure the Ground Power Unit is not certified for use above 3ft AGL Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

Thanks Vin . . . Looks like a lot to learn but looks very intuitive. I do predict a few flight delays in the early days as the captain tricks out his plane. :)