Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

Boxed or Download ?

Hi guy's just a little topic, "What version of the NGX are you going to buy"?? Boxed/Download?? Liar.gifFor me I think if the boxed version doesn't come out soon enough I think I will get the download version, and print off the manuals and stuff.

Hi guy's just a little topic, "What version of the NGX are you going to buy"?? Boxed/Download?? Liar.gifFor me I think if the boxed version doesn't come out soon enough I think I will get the download version, and print off the manuals and stuff.
Usualy the boxed versions are 6 months wait. Too much for me anyway and I hate having to load from a CD/DVD when I can DL. I know some people dont have fast internet but that seems to be how it is now. The only time I use my DVD drive is when I reinstall Windows. Download all the way =)

Usualy the boxed versions are 6 months wait. Too much for me anyway and I hate having to load from a CD/DVD when I can DL. I know some people dont have fast internet but that seems to be how it is now. The only time I use my DVD drive is when I reinstall Windows. Download all the way =)
never downloaded from pmdg before, what if the connection get lost, just in the moment of downloading?

When you purchse your PMDG product, you receive 7 days of free download access. After 7 days, you may contact PMDG technical support and request to redownload your product.
Its from the "Extended Download Service" product page.. So no need to worry about connection lost :)

Download. Boxed products are a crock nowadays. Why not just burn it to a CD after downloading it? No extra wait, no extra price, no extra worry. I burned all of my PMDG products onto a DVD-RW after backing them up onto an external hard drive. Took no extra time, and paid no extra money.

Kyle Rodgers

never downloaded from pmdg before, what if the connection get lost, just in the moment of downloading?
There's no problem with that - you have 7 days from the time you purchase to download it, it's not a one time thing. If you have problems downloading, just contact us via the support ticket site and we'll help.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Download - because I'm perfectly capable of taking the twenty seconds it entails to burn a backup CD.-johnny rodgers

Download. Boxed products are a crock nowadays. Why not just burn it to a CD after downloading it? No extra wait, no extra price, no extra worry. I burned all of my PMDG products onto a DVD-RW after backing them up onto an external hard drive. Took no extra time, and paid no extra money.
Same here, download always, then a backup on two seperate backup drives.The last thing I need is any more boxes in my computer area to clutter up the space. Plus I have never felt the need to have a box to hold or look at frankly. I know some like to "collect" stuff, but I tend to only like to collect things that are going to increase in value, which isn't computer software in a box.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Same here, download always, then a backup on two seperate backup drives. The last thing I need is any more boxes in my computer area to clutter up the space. Plus I have never felt the need to have a box to hold or look at frankly. I know some like to "collect" stuff, but I tend to only like to collect things that are going to increase in value, which isn't computer software in a box. Sean Campbell
Please tell me what's not to like about this? LOL.gifcollectionf.jpg

Download for me, as I always did, no need for wait, simple to get, and also much more important all of the money is going to the developer directly,n rather than being even if in a small part taken by the company that will in the end just take it and make it on nice CD/DVDs :(

Please tell me what's not to like about this? LOL.gif
Nothing. Some people like something tangebile in their hands, something they can touch, nicely packaged, etc. software itself is often perceived as too elusive, too abstract. Very nice collection by the way.

Its a download for me. With full archival of the install file and textual copies of the emails I have full confidence in the system and of course PMDG. This doesn`t extend to all companies but a good few are to be trusted with this delivery method and follow up service.

Guest Adraesh

For me download too. I don't want to wait anymore :D I have bought all previous PMDG products using the download way and I have full confidence on PMDG.

For me download too. I don't want to wait anymore :D I have bought all previous PMDG products using the download way and I have full confidence on PMDG.
LOL, I guess "No One" can wait any longer.Drooling.gif

I'll definitely buy the download version, I can't stand to wait any longer. I do wish the boxed copy came out on day one though, because I hate having to deal with activation of downloads and the activation limits.