Sign in to follow this  
FloggedHorse

Is this system good for FSX?

I'm not offended lol. All I do is play fsx and listen to mp3's. The pic was me holding my baby and I just cropped her out haha.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 speakers of 1200W? Is you amp 10kW lol? Can't add up speakers, but probably is amp 1200w? RMS vs Peak? Amp 1200W spread over 8 speakers? What are speakers rated for? Especially .1? What is their continuous RMS? But nevermind that really... just being interested. :) I know I could use the mini-hdmi on my GPU, but still - I have no digital input on my tablemixer, which powers my audio setup, which is XLR-connected. I have studio speakers which have built-in amps. And believe me, I compared all 3: analog from motherboard, analog from X-Fi and analog from Audiophile card. Major differences. Worst being motherboard.
I was quoting total system power. Specs are in sig. I don't doubt that analog sources suffer from poor quality when you have low-end components. Digital sources don't have this problem, hence my HDMI statement.

Guest Kosta
I was quoting total system power. Specs are in sig. I don't doubt that analog sources suffer from poor quality when you have low-end components. Digital sources don't have this problem, hence my HDMI statement.
I see the specs, but I still don't see what audio equipment.In case of digital, you are correct, but I doubt that many people really use digital... or am I mistaken?

I see the specs, but I still don't see what audio equipment.In case of digital, you are correct, but I doubt that many people really use digital... or am I mistaken?
"connected to Onkyo HT-R580 receiver via HDMI providing video to Panasonic Plasma TH-42PZ80U (42", 1080P) and audio to 1200W of 7.1channel sound" It's an HTIB system, HTS-5300, Onkyo HT-R580 receiver + 7 speakers & powered sub. It's no $10,000 system but it was by far the best bang for the buck @ $450 when I got it last Summer. I'm not sure what the stats are on digital vs. analog usage, I just know that digital is way better unless you've got some ridiculously high-end gear.

Guest Kosta
"connected to Onkyo HT-R580 receiver via HDMI providing video to Panasonic Plasma TH-42PZ80U (42", 1080P) and audio to 1200W of 7.1channel sound" It's an HTIB system, HTS-5300, Onkyo HT-R580 receiver + 7 speakers & powered sub. It's no $10,000 system but it was by far the best bang for the buck @ $450 when I got it last Summer. I'm not sure what the stats are on digital vs. analog usage, I just know that digital is way better unless you've got some ridiculously high-end gear.
It's a nice system, no doubt. I would refrain from writing 1200W, since it's misleading at best. 1200W would potentially produce way more than 130W per channel, also way more than 85dB. 7 Speakers do produce more sound pressure, that's sure... but they don't produce 1200W of a single amp. It doesn't translate.I'm damning myself right now that I forgot all I learned in my audio engineering study, but I remember something in lines of doubling the wattage doesn't mean 2x louder. Doubling the power means 3dB more. 6dB more means 2x more perceived loudness. I might be wrong, it was a long time ago. Digital is better, no doubt. No interference or noise... of course.