Sign in to follow this  
Echo52

737 NGX and VR Insight MCP COMBO BOEING TYPE (MCP COMBO II)

Has anyone tested the new PMDG 737 NGX with the new VR Insight MCP Combo Boeing Type (MCP Combo II)? How good is this combination? Any glitches? Ed in Vegas

As far as I know the MCPs work with LINDA provided you have the full version of FSUIPC. I don't so rather than forking out nearly thirty quid I'm waiting for VRInsight to release an update to Serial FP2. They must be working on it, they would be mental not to be,

why am i missing the SPD INTV and ALT INTV buttons on the new boeing type combo? or am i mistaken? it would have made an obvious enhancement to the standard version combo. Now i'm sure i'll stick with my old combo which, may i add, works beautifully with LINDA

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

As far as I know the MCPs work with LINDA provided you have the full version of FSUIPC. I don't so rather than forking out nearly thirty quid I'm waiting for VRInsight to release an update to Serial FP2. They must be working on it, they would be mental not to be,
Your not willing to spend £30 to get over £400 worth of kit working? Why did you buy it in the first place?

Your not willing to spend £30 to get over £400 worth of kit working? Why did you buy it in the first place?
*sigh* *yawn* I've been using it for years in the Level D 767 using Serial SP2, that's why, and it cost me nowhere near £400. They must have seen you coming... If VRInsight produce a free bit of software for Serial SP2 I don't see why (as their customer, and not yours, Paul) I need to specifically get FSUIPC for this. Does that satisfy you, Paul Smith?

I do apologise for interupting your otherwise thrilling day with such a crude and mundane question and am deeply appreciative of your taking so many minutes of your valuable time to give me such a detailed and authoritative answer. However, Captain Virtual, (that just seems so formal, may I call you VA?), I should mention that I am not personnelly equipped with such a sophisticated device and found out the cost only by googling it. Of course, the device I googled had a USB port and not a serial one (has anyone used serial ports in the last five years?) so the cost may have risen since you last acquired such a tool.

Apology accepted....By the way it doesn't have a serial port, as if I would deign to have such a vile thing on my Mac Pro, you utter philistine. So it transpires you haven't got one...oh dear, never mind, at least I know why you're so angry now. Perhaps when you upgrade your paper round to working in a call-centre you can get one.