Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

Anyone using it with the Vrinsight MCP Combo?

If so, how's it going? I'm a dedicated Level D 767 man but I absolutely want to get the NGX especially if it will work well with the MCP. In an SDK released with it? If so hopefully Vrinsight will pick up on it and produce a software update.

hopefully Vrinsight will pick up on it and produce a software update.
vrinsight has just released a new boeing type mcp combo most likely anticipating on a success of the NGX. i certainly hope you are right and that they will continue support the 'older' combo that came out a few years ago and i enjoy using. Check out the LINDA pages on the AVSIM forum for this sort of stuff.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Will do, thanks. I suspect the new combo is virtually the same internally as the one we have. What's LINDA? I hate the thought of key-mapping and all that **** so if it works like the Level D I will be well happy.

LINDA is an acronym for "Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning". It is still in development, and you can download v1.03 (currently) and the documentation from the forum, which is at http://forum.avsim.n...orum/424-linda/. That forum is obviously the place to ask questions about it, too. cool.png LINDA aims to be especially good at interfacing with the VRinsight MCP Combo (I haven't got one, so I can't comment), replacing the VRinsight SerialFP2 driver — and the last time I heard from the developers they said that they are also aware of the forthcoming Boeing and Airbus versions of the MCP. I quote:

•LINDA is meant to make your HID Device / Joystick assigning for FSX as simple as possible. With the advance of having many additional functions.
•LINDA also supports the VRInsight MCP Combo and adds many new functions to it!
•And LINDA is a tool to make hunting for FSX controls, offsets and LUA variables much easier as it was till now.
•LINDA should be the platform and a standard for all future user created LUA scripts It does help if you know what an Lua script is, therefore.....
wink.png
Cheers, Brian [subsequent edit: oops, too late..... Apologies].

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Thanks Brian, I know nothing about such things, however I have just downloaded Linda herself and looking at the manual she looks reasonably easy to use. It would be madness for third party developers not to support the NGX so I imagine a raft of updates will appear in the coming days. At least I hope so.

It would be madness for third party developers not to support the NGX so I imagine a raft of updates will appear in the coming days. At least I hope so.
You and me both! biggrin.png This could be a bumper year for simming! My interest in LINDA is to do with trying to find how to remotely switch the gear to the centre OFF position in the 747X. The example given in the manual (albeit that it concerns finding the Cowl Flaps switch for some little puddle-jumper called a Duke, or some such unlikely name) seems very promising..... The only trouble is that I have a feeling that, starting today, my trusty 744 is going to have a rest in the hangar for a while..... Whistle.gif Cheers, Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Just thought I would bump this as it's been a few days since release. Anyone using it with the MCP combo?
you should really be looking here i thinkhttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/340591-the-pmdg-737ngx/page__st__25 by the way, i find the mouse interaction of this aircraft incredible. it is SO EASY to change values quickly and decisively on the MCP in the VC with the use of the mouse scroll botton that i am perfectl happy and not missing the combo. if you aren't using a mouse scroll button, it is really making all the difference!

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

im about to order the CDU they sell im just waiting to a reply of the email i sent to make sure i can use this with the NGX even if i cant i also own other AC(CS757) that the CDU works with ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

@achpilot - I must admit I haven't been using the mouse scroll button, just the left and right clicks. I'm so used to the Level D 767 and using my MCP combo that mouse clicking in a cockpit feels very rusty! I'll give scrolling a try.

@Thunderbird8 I am using the VRi MCP Combo with LINDA - downloaded it yesterday. I'm all up and running and I must say it's brilliant. Every button that I've tried so far works (I use mainly EFIS and MCP) and the reponse time is flawless. I've not had an experiecne like that before. I believe that the LINDA guys (Artem and Gunter) are working on a newer version that will be even better and will sync the displays to that of the panel. I also hear that VRInsight have publically stated that they will produce a module dedicated to the 737NGX, available soon. So in short, go for it, you'll be plenty impressed even now at this early stage. I would not call myself that advanced but I've had a good result. Hope it what's you're looking for. Kind regards, James Gillies