Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

Anyone using it with the Vrinsight MCP Combo?

I believe that the LINDA guys (Artem and Gunter) are working on a newer version that will be even better and will sync the displays to that of the panel.
You believe partially right ...The current release of the LINDA NGX module is just "quick and dirty" to solve your needs for the most important functions Since we have already gathered and pogramed hundreds of functions for a later update.(hundreds also, because most switches need on, off and toggle positions, to serve everybodys hardware cofiguration) But unfortunately we haven't figured out how to make MCP displays work.Currently, you have "just" the your current flight status shown in the MCP Combo display: ALT, HDG, VS, SPD(Radios/NAV are working)And I think, we weren't supported from PMDG in the future - no reaction about recommenden LVars so far.There's a thread here in the forum buried where I have asked about LVARs from PMDG - feel free to burry it out and ask also. Beside this, we have implemented some status displays, e.g. BAT on/off switch status is shown in the MCPThats one of the countless advantages from LINDA - a feature VRInsight would never implement...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D'oh! I don't have the registered version of FSUIPC so can't use LINDA on the MCP Combo. Is it worth spending the best part of thirty quid on it and using LINDA, or shall I wait for VRInsight's 'free' module... Opinions on this appreciated.

D'oh! I don't have the registered version of FSUIPC so can't use LINDA on the MCP Combo. Is it worth spending the best part of thirty quid on it and using LINDA, or shall I wait for VRInsight's 'free' module...
It's up to you. Both way have their advantages and disadvantages.LINDA just allows to use your Combo AND joysticks with a much wider set of custom functions in a much wider set of add-on aircrafts in a very easy and flexible way. But you will have to buy FSUIPC.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

D'oh! I don't have the registered version of FSUIPC so can't use LINDA on the MCP Combo. Is it worth spending the best part of thirty quid on it and using LINDA, or shall I wait for VRInsight's 'free' module... Opinions on this appreciated.
my feeling is that vrinsight has a tendency to release new products very easily, jumping from trend to trend, without really improving support for their existing catalogue.there has never been a way to fly the js41 with the combo or the md11 in a decent manner untill the release of LINDA. My guess is it won't hurt to by a registered version of fsuipc as it will have other advantages as well and you are also stimulating open source projects like LINDA. All ways to make the simming experience for the better. I will try out the module for the NGX soon with my combo but i have to say it again (because it's so bloody wonderful), PMDG has done a superb job in operating this VC with a simple mouse (with scrollwheel).The MCP in the VC is so fantastic that i want to see it while touching it with the mouse,

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I agree with that actually, I have done about ten flights already in the NGX and the scroll wheel idea is an inspired one. Not missing the MCP as much as I thought I would...

I agree with that actually, I have done about ten flights already in the NGX and the scroll wheel idea is an inspired one. Not missing the MCP as much as I thought I would...
if i were a hardware developer i'd seriously think of designing a sort of mouse with a horizontal scrollwheel that can be used with your thumb and pointing finger.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Hi there,Well further to my previous posts I can confirm that FSUIPC is well worth it, whether you only use it for a little bit or a lot over a period of time. I've had it for about 18 months and over this period of time I have gradually got more and more out of it. A no brainer in my opinion. As for using LINDA with the 737NGX and my MCP Combo Vs the mouse.... Well that is also a nno-brainer. I am the first to admit that PMDG have done an absolutely sterling job of the mouse controls and click-spots for the various switches and MCP knobs - but the interface with LINDA and the MCP Combo is simply outstanding. I would say that I have a little experience with simming now, with about 4 years of heavy involvement as a full-blown hobby so I'm gradually becoming more familiar with the operations of the 737 so although I don't know all the functions parrot-fashion U woud say that I use at least 60% with some confidence.... And the confidence is heightened using hese two together. LINDA nails the connectivity and ease-of-use, PMDG nailed the performance for the dials and displays. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Buy yourself a copy of FSUIPC anyway even if you decide not to go ahead, you will use it. Install LINDAInstall the 737NGX module, rename the definitions file to let it load... Details on other threads. Start the 737NGX and be amazed at how natural it feels. If you don't like it uninstall LINDA, no harm done. BTW - I like the idea of an MCP-style knob being where the two mouse buttons would be.... A simulator mouse!Anyway, hope it helps. I'm happy and I'm looking forward to what Artem and Gunther bring out in a future update. Kind regards,James Gillies

Many thanks for your kind words!!!!

I'm happy and I'm looking forward to what Artem and Gunther bring out in a future update.
hundreds of functions ;) Unfortunately we haven't still solved the synchronising of the 737 MCP with MCP Combo Displays.All we could do is to hope for the SDK... but I doubt that will help also...

Guenter Steiner

I've tried it out yesterday. it works brilliantly. chaning values in the MCP for HDG, SPD, ALT, V/S etc... works fast, and decisive. in other words: dial fast to make big changes, dial slower to make fine tune changes works terrifice and decisive. works even better then with the LD767 which was the best add-on for use with the combo until now.

Antoine v Heck
---

many thanks... hope you noted the update of the LINDA NGX module to 1.1???

Guenter Steiner