Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 737 NGX (module 4.15b) - 9 Jun 2020

Hi Artem!Last night I flew a 1000+ mile trip with the NGX -600 with the following—MCP Combo ILINDA v1.1b6 NGX module 2.0b2"Rotaries fix"Everything seemed fine, in fact I didn't notice anything at all going wrong (corrupt displays etc) — on the contrary, all appeared to be working well, including the knobs' acceleration and your great feedback of information into the maIn display.Many thanks again, and warm congratulations — *and* you beat the arrival of the SDK! biggrin.pngCheers,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Thanks for report, Brian!Will fix last bugz with MCP1 and GUI and then release the final version.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi Artem!Last night I flew a 1000+ mile trip with the NGX -600 with the following—MCP Combo ILINDA v1.1b6 NGX module 2.0b2"Rotaries fix"Everything seemed fine, in fact I didn't notice anything at all going wrong (corrupt displays etc) — on the contrary, all appeared to be working well, including the knobs' acceleration and your great feedback of information into the maIn display.Many thanks again, and warm congratulations — *and* you beat the arrival of the SDK! biggrin.pngCheers,Brian
Brian are the CRS (pilot and cp) dials working OK for you, i.e. they have a fast rotation?

Cheers, Andy.

<blush> Well that's why I said "seemed fine" and "appeared to be working well" — to be honest, I was enjoying myself so much with the Combo and my new -600 that although I was paying attention I completely forgot to systematically test everything, and especially the CRS knob. (Which I had intended to do.... <sigh>). So although I didn't notice anything awry it is possible that I may have missed something: apologies for only a partial report, Andy! unsure.pngCheers,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Brian are the CRS (pilot and cp) dials working OK for you, i.e. they have a fast rotation?
This seems to fix it:Go to line 1443 of the actions.lua of the NGX.Change it to ipc.sleep(10) (originally ipc.sleep(50))Do the same in line 1460. It should look like this:
-- ## Autopilot Dials ###############function  NGX_AP_CRSL_show ()	ipc.sleep(10)	OBS1 = ipc.readLvar("L:ngx_CRSwindowL")	if _MCP1 () then		DspShow("CRSL", OBS1)	else		DspCRS(OBS1)	endendfunction  NGX_AP_CRSR_show ()	ipc.sleep(10)	OBS2 = ipc.readLvar("L:ngx_CRSwindowR")	if _MCP1 () then		DspShow("CRSR", OBS2)	else		DspCRS(OBS2)	endend

No need to apologise Brian I was just trying to confirm if it was a widespread problem or confined to my system alone, I am testing on a fresh PC install so it may have been due to a bad update path on my part.Thanks for that Dario, I'll try and make time to test it later.

Cheers, Andy.

OK sussed it out now, I misunderstood the assignments of the CRS function, there are so many assignments available for the dials that I was getting confused. Now that I have re-assigned them correctly again (for some reason the fast inc/dec assignments had reverted to slow assignments again) and changed the actions.lua to a 20 millisecond wait rather than 10 as suggested by Dario all now seems well.

Cheers, Andy.

Hallo Artem,i have a little problem with the CRS knob. When i turn the left side some times the right side goes onor i turn the right CRS and the left CRS knob works. It works good wenn i always turn the knob to the left side.It take a long time to turn the right side and then the left side. I hope you understand my bad english.MCP 1Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Hallo Artem,i have a little problem with the CRS knob. When i turn the left side some times the right side goes onor i turn the right CRS and the left CRS knob works. It works good wenn i always turn the knob to the left side.It take a long time to turn the right side and then the left side. I hope you understand my bad english.MCP 1Frank
the 'push' CRS is a toggle between Right and Left CRS (by default)

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

Thanks, i know this.It doesn`t work perfekt. Always it changes to the right side. If i turn the knobs alwas to the left side it worksFrank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

The right side works perfekt. Display shows CRS RThe Left side changes betwen right and left. Display shows CRS L and R ,changes from left to right when i turn the crs knob.If i turn the CRS knob allways to the left side it works left and right perfectGood NightFrank

I fix the problem,the crs knob in linda control was the problem.i change the setting +AP CRS R inc - to +AP CRS LR inc.It worksThanks Frank

My MCP Combo works fine with the default aircrafs; I downloaded the PMDG_737NGX_v1_3 module butI have following errorLUA ErrorFSXModulesLinda/aircrafts/ pmdg 737 NGX/ actions.lua 1311 attempt to call global DSP VVSs ( a nil value)In that directoryI found the file actions.lua but I cannot open it and even if I could I have not enough software knowledge to change somethingAll suggestions are welcome

My MCP Combo works fine with the default aircrafs; I downloaded the PMDG_737NGX_v1_3 module butI have following errorLUA ErrorFSXModulesLinda/aircrafts/ pmdg 737 NGX/ actions.lua 1311 attempt to call global DSP VVSs ( a nil value)In that directoryI found the file actions.lua but I cannot open it and even if I could I have not enough software knowledge to change somethingAll suggestions are welcome
stopping and restarting LUA.exe / reloading from inside LUA / restarting computer / copying a fresh actions.lua / seems to help (with me)lua seems to have some quirks concerning its own configuration, it seemswhen it works, it works, though2cts

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

stopping and restarting LUA.exe / reloading from inside LUA / restarting computer / copying a fresh actions.lua / seems to help (with me)lua seems to have some quirks concerning its own configuration, it seemswhen it works, it works, though2cts
Thx that you will help me indeed something has changed and in the Linda console, the last item says Ready to go,Captain. In the MCP screen I have - SPD INFO - HDG - ALT. Rotating knobs change on the display but not on the AircraftPushing some buttons gives a message in the console example MCP MODE 2: Empty command for : : F/D UP or DSP MODE toggle:2I have the feeling I forgot somethingHermans.rene@skynet.be