Sign in to follow this  
adaoernesto

worn appearance

Ive never been inside a 737 cockpit.sad.png Only a piper archer lol. The 737 is the plane i would like to fly after i get threw the regionals after collage.
Great !!You will not be sorry. The 737 NG is the a great plane to fly. The NGX simulates it very very well. Enjoy !! Fred.

I agree with you !!! These guys obviously have never been inside the real thing. Fred.
I have been inside the real thing. And yes, some cockpits might be as filthy as the one depicted by PMDG, but there are also practically brand new spotless NG's flying the line. So it simply boils down to a matter of what the end user prefers here. It's childish to suggest that any thread that does not agree with your erroneous prejudices should be locked. People are expressing a desire (and from what I see it's fairly strong among the customer base) and I'm sure PMDG want to hear that kind of feedback. Scott Cooper

Great !!You will not be sorry. The 737 NG is the a great plane to fly.The NGX simulates it very very well.Enjoy !!Fred.
Thank you for the kind words but first got to get in the regionals. Ugh. Come on something local(expressjet or colgan lol)

I have been inside the real thing. And yes, some cockpits might be as filthy as the one depicted by PMDG, but there are also practically brand new spotless NG's flying the line. So it simply boils down to a matter of what the end user prefers here. It's childish to suggest that any thread that does not agree with your erroneous prejudices should be locked. People are expressing a desire (and from what I see it's fairly strong among the customer base) and I'm sure PMDG want to hear that kind of feedback. Scott Cooper
That is a good point !! about 20 of Ryanair NG's are brand new and pristine inside. Fred.

yup im part of the 0.001. Btw did you know 99% of statistics are made up? The dirty look is more realistic. This thread needs to be locked.
Sounds crazy to discuss whether a virtual thing is dirty or not, but if so, the simulation as a whole is madness. Anyway would like to continue expressing myself, without locks!This is a product, and I think that is commercially interesting to listen to customers or prospective customers.

Personally, I love the "used" look and I do think it adds to the realism aspect. Back in the day, when I worked on F/A-18's, brand new D's would roll in every once in awhile...they'd look great on the inside for about 2 weeks, then slowly start showing the signs of use. If a brand new one was used for a cross country weekend mission, where the crew was to spend many hours non-stop in the cockpit, all bets were off. ;)

I'm afraid thread-locking is very prevalent here when people disagree with the holy status of the PMDG 737NGX and all that goes with it. If people are of such a fragile emotional state that when someone disagrees with them on the Internet they cry 'lock' then they really out to get out more, or maybe seek professional help. The Internet by its very nature is a wild animal and any attempts to control it are futile. Lock one thread, and a dozen more will rise to take its place. There are many sensible comments in this thread, however the 'locking' one from a self-confessed '######' (who it's clear to all of is DEFINITELY a RW pilot, all hail all hail) is just typically narrow-minded and a perfect example of why you shouldn't get offended when someone doesn't like something that you do. It's childish. MY dad is best, no MINE is! get it....no offence meant of course... For the record I am a big fan of both this and other PMDG products, however I am also a big fan of free speech. I think history shows us how important that is.

There are many sensible comments in this thread, however the 'locking' one from a self-confessed '######' (who it's clear to all of is DEFINITELY a RW pilot, all hail all hail) is just typically narrow-minded and a perfect example of why you shouldn't get offended when someone doesn't like something that you do. It's childish. MY dad is best, no MINE is! get it....no offence meant of course...
Ok lets get this straight im not a ######, I am not a rw pilot, you do not know anything about me and you have no right calling narrow minded. So please go f*** off. I said lock this beacuse pmdg said they are not going to do it but some people dont know what a search is. I dont like arrogant you seem in your post unknown name. I usally can keep cool but you dont know me. You expressed your freedom of speech and I expressed mine. So once again go away.

If you dont have anything usefull to say then im done arguing with a online troll.

I agree that the wear does not hurt anything in the simulation, only bother the more finicky. And I agree that we should not give much importance to this detail or this thread.

That is a good point !! about 20 of Ryanair NG's are brand new and pristine inside. Fred.
I remember back in the days I was working in Emirates, more than one time we operated in 773ER that had just arrived from seattle. Some even still had pieces of plastic sheet covering some parts on the floor and the lavs. During the time I was there, probably 777s would arrive from the factory at a rate of 1 or 2 per week. I eventually left the company, but know of colleagues who also operated the new 777-200LR that started arriving soon after i left.Same thing happened to the a380 crew. New car smell, only in an airplane. But yeah, here in Europe that doesn't happen as often. New and used airplanes have totally different feels (mmm... Thinking.gif vocationally speaking? ).

Omar Josef
737/757/767