Sign in to follow this  
Guest FSMP

Deleted post showing 3D Modeling

Guest FSMP

I posted some interesting screen shots of the PMDG 737's 3D modeling, showing the amazing detail that most don't see, with standard views, within the plane, but withing 30 minytes, whole TOPIC, including responses, seem to have been deleted. ? :( Just asking why, and suggesting on the rare occurances that posts or whole Topics are deleted, it might be common curtesy to let the poster know why (in a PM) if only to let them know WHY, so they know what not to do again. Please could the MOD who deleted the post could PM me why they did so, and what, if any, forum rules I was breaking. Geoff

I've noticed that sometimes a thread I read then return to later will be missing. If I leave the Avsim website and return or close then open my browser back up the thread will have returned. This may have been what happened to you. I suspect there is an issue with these forums as this is the only place I have seen this happen. In the future may I suggest looking under the post portion of your profile, which is what I do, when you want to track down a missing thread.

Edward Smoker Sr.

1) Because you didn't sign your name as per forum rules? 2) Because it wasn't deleted, it just moved off the first page and you forgot to press next? 3) Because there is a seperate forum for screen shots and as per forum rules, this isn't it?

And 4) (The reason it should have been deleted but wasn't - yet!) YOU SHOWED THE LOCATION OF THE POGO STICK. How dare you? How insensitive can you get? Do you not realise the pleasure gained by people who have found the pogo stick? The feeling of superiority they have over people who have not yet found the pogo stick. The sense of smug satisfaction that is felt every time some newbe asks "what pogo stick"? And you ruined all that by your thoughtless expose! What are you, a journalist for a tabloid newspaper? Do you not care how many lives you destroy just as long as you get your storey?

And 4) (The reason it should have been deleted but wasn't - yet!) YOU SHOWED THE LOCATION OF THE POGO STICK. How dare you? How insensitive can you get? Do you not realise the pleasure gained by people who have found the pogo stick? The feeling of superiority they have over people who have not yet found the pogo stick. The sense of smug satisfaction that is felt every time some newbe asks "what pogo stick"? And you ruined all that by your thoughtless expose! What are you, a journalist for a tabloid newspaper? Do you not care how many lives you destroy just as long as you get your storey?
He's right...I now feel a sense of incompleteness for not having found it myself.

Noah Bryant

Guest JSkorna

Paul, Suggest some decaf or lay off those energy drinks!

Guest FSMP

(1) I must be loosing it, I looked for it for over 15 minutes, before I posted. (2) My Appologies for asking if it was deleted. (3) What POGO STICK ? Somone tell me the one (1-6) that is in question, and I'll remove it.(and any other reference in this post to this "pogo stick") (4) I am sure there are far more interesting things to find in the Model, than a Pogo stick.ie Where does the Pilot hide store his legs, when he is flying the plane, Come on Guys, it's been a week since all the Drama of the release... LIGHTEN UP Geoff

I know where I'd like to shove the pogo stick... Maybe they'll feel more superior when they learn how to spell too.

I know where I'd like to shove the pogo stick... Maybe they'll feel more superior when they learn how to spell too.
Hah! You thought you were superior for having an MCP combo but I knew where the pogo stick was, and next year, I might be able to get a paper round! -- perhaps I have had a little to much coffee today. Hypnotized.gif

I've noticed that sometimes a thread I read then return to later will be missing. If I leave the Avsim website and return or close then open my browser back up the thread will have returned. This may have been what happened to you. I suspect there is an issue with these forums as this is the only place I have seen this happen. In the future may I suggest looking under the post portion of your profile, which is what I do, when you want to track down a missing thread.
Same here. I thought a post or two of mine had been deleted over the past few days, but they show back up after a few minutes. Not sure what causes that.

Chris Hicks

Guest FSMP
I did look in my profile, I also did search on GLASS and CABIN, and closed and restarted my browser.It did not show up. -- Then I got paranoid ... "My bad"