Sign in to follow this  
MrPlaneDriver

Level-D simulator room outside the NGX

Have you ever tried to walk away from the NGX cockpit while in the VC? If not, try it. You'll find out we're actually inside a Level-D simulator room. I took some shots from the sim. Take a look: scaled.php?server=717&filename=201181014117640.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=810&filename=201181014134875.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=809&filename=201181014211234.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=808&filename=201181014241656.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=853&filename=20118101438750.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=16&filename=20118101456828.png&res=medium Weird, huh? I found it pretty funny, also because it is invisible from the inside. Any thoughts on why is it here?

Matheus Mafra

I'd assume copyright? So the VC can't be ripped off and added to someone elses NGX

The cubic part, no idea why... as for doors, wings & everything else, it's so that you can see them from the cockpit i guess...

I'd assume copyright? So the VC can't be ripped off and added to someone elses NGX
Good guess. It seems like a good explanation.
The cubic part, no idea why... as for doors, wings & everything else, it's so that you can see them from the cockpit i guess...
About the wings, doors and stuff I know. As you said, it's there for us to see from the flight deck. I'm just wondering about the big PMDG box. blink.png

Matheus Mafra

Also, I wonder why they took the engines off the wings... I use FSRecorder and that view is missing the engines... I guess to improve FPS...

This was mentioned in another thread last week IIRC and PMDG answered...it has to do with moving the camera out of the VC and the way FSX deals with that. Or something like that.

Also, I wonder why they took the engines off the wings... I use FSRecorder and that view is missing the engines... I guess to improve FPS...
Because in the 737-800/900, unless you smash your face through the glass, which would depressurize the airplane and do considerable damage to your face, you really can't see the engines.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Because in the 737-800/900, unless you smash your face through the glass, which would depressurize the airplane and do considerable damage to your face, you really can't see the engines.
I like it !! Nice one !! LMAO.gif

I can't see anything for a smashed face in the QRH so better not attempt this!

At least the PMDG techs have a sense of humor.

Have you seen the HGS tube? I don't even know if it's a tube, but there is certainly something. Know about that little "bug" when the markings on the EFIS panel disappear with the HGS extended? When you move your eyepoint, they will eventually reappear, and the "shape" how they reappear seems to reveal some geometry involved around the HGS. It seems to be transparent though and in fact for me it could only be "seen" with the ENB mod on, don't know why. It's as if you could only faintly percieve its border like a layer of refractive glass or so, very easy to miss. Quite interesting but hard to explain. sig.gif

To realise what the cube is for you will have to "think outside the box" lol lollloyd jones.
i think that box contains NGX's own secret simulation platform. it contains its own secret PMDG platform. That box can easily move into Microsoft's Flight next year..

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

That box is the next step in aerodynamic: Yet again humans learned from nature, this time a falling rock gave the push in the right direction ;)