Sign in to follow this  
Sorelimbs

RTFM

This forum is like the same 6 people saying the same things over and over again with the occasional newbie post, and something useful every 1000 posts. I definitely wouldn't come here for help (maybe just to rant), I would much rather RTFM or open a support ticket.

This forum is like the same 6 people saying the same things over and over again with the occasional newbie post, and something useful every 1000 posts. I definitely wouldn't come here for help (maybe just to rant), I would much rather RTFM or open a support ticket.
I think that's sad Majid, and, I have to say, also utter nonsense. I reckon 1000s of people have gained help from this forum, despite its minor flaws.

Being one the 6, you would call it sad and nonsense wouldn't you. Show me one instance where you helped someone. Also please note i'm referring to the NGX forum, all other PMDG support forums have definitely helped thousands of users. But here, all we do is talk about our non expert opinions, "i think this, i think that..." Everyone has their own solution to the same problem which confuses people seeking help. To those who want real support, use the support ticket system.

Here is another idea for those who are annoyed by people asking questions: if you don't want to help just ignore these particular threads and move on to greener pastures. Why take the effort to troll around in these thread with things that don't help anybody but which only stir things up to such a degree that it borders on active sabotage of the help request?

Here is another idea for those who are annoyed by people asking questions: if you don't want to help just ignore these particular threads and move on to greener pastures. Why take the effort to troll around in these thread with things that don't help anybody but which only stir things up to such a degree that it borders on active sabotage of the help request?
but wheres the fun in staying out and not trolling clueless people ?Maybe in the next help request thread I'm going to post RTFM and use the search button just for giggles and troll around cause I have no life and my epeen isn't long enough ...

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

PMDG releases possibly the most advanced simulation addon for FSX to date. The manuals released with it are pretty much the real world ones with a few understandable omissions. If you had them before the release, you could have read the real world manuals (there are enough places on the Net hosting them, albeit most likely illegally), Google and whoever are you search friends there. As has been said, if you see a question and want to answer it, if you can, then go ahead. But if the answer is plainly and simply present in the manual, and you know that, you could direct them there, perhaps even with the referenced section of the manual. I find that helps a lot in the long term. So, although RTFM is a rather harsh and direct way of going about it, it is the correct way. In real world training (for any equipment for that matter, be it a car, plane, whatever), you would be expected to have read the manuals fully, possibly even know them inside out, ansd you will be examined on that content. OK, so this isn't real world, but it is a lot closer than many have experienced so far. So, if you want to answer the question, and you also happen to know that it is easily explained in the manuals, then what is wrong with "hinting" the fact to the question setter? Don't forget that someone pays the hosting bills here, and a shed load of for wont of a better word unnecessary threads whose questions posed could have been so much more easily dealt with privately just by a bit of reading costs... Now, if the original question setter comes with a question, stating that he/she has read the manual and either not found a relevant entry or cannot understand what exactly the manual is trying to state, or has searched the forum already for a suitable answer, this person has exhausted all methods of self help and is seeking the knowledge of others... get my drift? I would answer the question but with the addition of "this can be found on manual page 1.2.3...", assuming of course I actually CAN answer the question (which is far LESS likely) :) Andrew

I would answer the question but with the addition of "this can be found on manual page 1.2.3...", assuming of course I actually CAN answer the question (which is far LESS likely) :)
there is a difference in pointing out where to find it in the manual than RTFM or use SEARCH ...even if you dont answer this question directly ... pointing a hint where to find it helps

P.L. Tran

Since you brought up real world training: do new pilots in training get hit with a stack of manuals and sent away with the words "Go read it!" or arent' they rather accompanied by helpful instructors to whom they can go for questions at all times, even if the answer is in the manuals?

maybe we should suggest these to the airlines ... no need for instructors since all is in the manual ... could save millions :) edit:if the airlines agree with this I will never ever set a foot in an airplane again without a good health insurance :)

P.L. Tran

I would like to add that this forum is one of the official PMDG customer support forums linked to from there website. Some people that have paid $70 for a flight simulation add-on may not have the abilities to pass a real world pilots exam or training course. Some of the people of who have purchased the 737 NGX may have learning difficulties and find 3000 pages of text difficult to digest. Please answer the question if you can and if you ever get the urge to write "read the manuals" just think for a minute is the person asking for help as fortunate as yourself. Have the manuals been provided in every language or only english? go and read the manual's is not helpful to everybody.

I would like to add that this forum is one of the official PMDG customer support forums linked to from there website. Some people that have paid $70 for a flight simulation add-on may not have the abilities to pass a real world pilots exam or training course. Some of the people of who have purchased the 737 NGX may have learning difficulties and find 3000 pages of text difficult to digest. Please answer the question if you can and if you ever get the urge to write "read the manuals" just think for a minute is the person asking for help as fortunate as yourself. Have the manuals been provided in every language or only english? go and read the manual's is not helpful to everybody.
Excellent post. @ Aladdin, you are an utter, utter imbecile. So you've narrowed it down to six people who monopolise the forum have you? Please, I know the irony of this will escape you but you are actually doing the thing you complain about. As to your question about whether I've helped people answering questions, well I guess English may not be your first language... If you don't like this forum and would rather clog up PMDG's support ticket system, then really, why are you here? What is the point of you? Nothing.

Well said. These are first and foremost support forums. Perhaps there should be a NGX general discussion forum for all the rest of the nonsense that goes on in here.

.... why are you here? What is the point of you? Nothing.
The same could be said of you, but then again I won't address someone if I don't know his/her name ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

The same could be said of you, but then again I won't address someone if I don't know his/her name ...
Ummmm, you just did address me, oh great one. im Not Worthy.gifim Not Worthy.gif