Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

Tab-Key Operated CDU doesn't work when window undocked

Noticed this a few times recently as I've been using the CDU in undocked mode on 2nd monitor and the Tab-key entry option doesn't work when undocked. A very minor thing but worth a mention I think. I have to fly a lot of the time in windowed mode for various reasons I won't bore you with. I wonder if I can flag this as something to look at? Thanks.

Noticed this a few times recently as I've been using the CDU in undocked mode on 2nd monitor and the Tab-key entry option doesn't work when undocked. A very minor thing but worth a mention I think. I have to fly a lot of the time in windowed mode for various reasons I won't bore you with.
I had exactly this same issue with the Level-D 763 for which I use the CDU as an undocked window on my second monitor. I found that clicking with the mouse anywhere on the main panel prior to operating the CDU would fix it (presumably it gives FSX the focus back that it somehow lost). Haven't had time to try this out with the NGX yet - been out of town for work a lot and next week will be no different - but see if this helps and if it does, let me know !

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm petty sure I tried that Emile and it didn't work but I would be grateful for the info you provide. Good luck.

I'm petty sure I tried that Emile and it didn't work but I would be grateful for the info you provide. Good luck.
I have managed to try this out today with the NGX. When I find that I can't enter data into the CDU scratchpad (or use the line select keys) by holding the Tab key and hitting whatever key I need, clicking with the mouse on the main panel brings the Tab key option back to life again. In my case it appears that sometimes the FSX window loses the focus. Sorry to hear this may not work for you. I should also say that thanks to the good folk who created LINDA, I have managed to identify the local panel variables that represent all of the NGX's CDU keys. I am planning to put all of them into a macro for FSUIPC which should allow to operate the CDU buttons regardless of the main FSX window having the focus (at least, that's what I am hoping Praying.gif ). Can't do that until next weekend though as I'll be out of town for work this week as well.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg