Sign in to follow this  
jpchabert

I knew it... freeze problem

What I'm saying is, PMDG have said that these Hotfixes are mandatory for all users. So why should we give support to people who are on the original install if they are going to ignore what PMDG say?
PMDG says to sign your full real name after each post. 3.164635.jpg I've been getting a "new" crash as well. Going to do some testing this morning along the same route to see if I can reproduce it.

Chris Hicks

PMDG says to sign your full real name after each post.
If you want support. Am I asking for support? No. Now stop bugging me with your nonsense

Guest FSMP
PMDG says to sign your full real name after each post.
You need to say "Simons says : sign your full real name after each post" Geoff Featherstonehaugh

I think we shouldn't feed the O/T posters... Back to the freezes. Having installed all fixes did not change anything for me. Most of the time the NGX behaves nice and smooth but sometimes it happens. I got the impression that it might have to do with the limited FSX capabilities addressing memory. As PMDG's bird is a memory hog itself, weather conditions, AI traffic and complex scenery might give FSX the rest. Compared to other (even complex) add-on aircraft my 737NGX eats about 500MB more in average (ok, the "Queen" comes close to it). I recently have had a bit more than 2.8GB in use, plus 1GB for the graphic adapter brings it near to the edge of a 32-Bit application (BTW, no freeze this time). Of course there might be something to do for PMDG as I got the impression that memory consumption is showing over the time an increasing tendency. I don't want to switch off all the bells and whistles in FS even if the bird could exist for itself (hmm, why implementing a TCAS then?). However, it could be helpful if users would start observing their FSX process in Window's Task Manger. Regards,Axel

Regards,
Axel

I think we shouldn't feed the O/T posters... Back to the freezes. Having installed all fixes did not change anything for me. Most of the time the NGX behaves nice and smooth but sometimes it happens. I got the impression that it might have to do with the limited FSX capabilities addressing memory. As PMDG's bird is a memory hog itself, weather conditions, AI traffic and complex scenery might give FSX the rest. Compared to other (even complex) add-on aircraft my 737NGX eats about 500MB more in average (ok, the "Queen" comes close to it). I recently have had a bit more than 2.8GB in use, plus 1GB for the graphic adapter brings it near to the edge of a 32-Bit application (BTW, no freeze this time). Of course there might be something to do for PMDG as I got the impression that memory consumption is showing over the time an increasing tendency. I don't want to switch off all the bells and whistles in FS even if the bird could exist for itself (hmm, why implementing a TCAS then?). However, it could be helpful if users would start observing their FSX process in Window's Task Manger. Regards,Axel
I'm going to try disabling my landclass this morning. it's one of those things I'll have to give up kicking and screaming, but I'm running out of software related fixes to try. I've observed my processes. FSX stablizes between 60 and 80 percent but there is an intermittent spike up to 100% for a split second. I'm worried this is what is causing my issues. Tech support closed my ticket saying it was probably due to cooling issues, but I wouldnt be having the cooling issues if I could determine the cause of the spike.

Chris Hicks

a few days ago i had a tech guy come over to look at my foxconn server while runing FSX/NGX . we did took the time to look at the process in Window's Task Manger and also on some software he put together for me to monitor performance in general. after that he made a few changes and we got a bit better performance even after that im keeping my eyes on the process in Window's Task Manger. maybe later we can keep making changes and get better.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

And by not updating with hotfixes, you are therefore opting out of the beta testing for SP1, which means that when SP1 comes around, if you have a issue, I'm certainly not going to help you.
We 'll see your comments when after applying an hotfix, your PMDG plane is not working anymore.If the 737NGX is working as you like then don't update especially if you don't know what kind of patches you are applying.PMDG doesn't publish any release notes for their hotfix and that's for me a problem. Call that the way you want, I call that experience and wisdom. Having that said, The 737 NGX is really a great plane to fly and a nice work (the sounds for example). Yves

A riddle for all the middle aged + fathers out there. Who believes they are wiser than a 16yr old boy???Idea.gif
I'm not sure what you mean by that. If it's supposed to be geared at me and our previous run-in about the ressource thing: I'm 35 and flightsimming/using computers since the 80s (subLogic Flight Simulator II). If not: disregard. wink.png

Guest Lawyer+Pilot
A riddle for all the middle aged + fathers out there. Who believes they are wiser than a 16yr old boy???Idea.gif
A 16y/o who thinks he's wise isn't by defintion. Perhaps that's why you called it a riddle...Trevor

We 'll see your comments when after applying an hotfix, your PMDG plane is not working anymore.If the 737NGX is working as you like then don't update especially if you don't know what kind of patches you are applying.PMDG doesn't publish any release notes for their hotfix and that's for me a problem. Call that the way you want, I call that experience and wisdom. Having that said, The 737 NGX is really a great plane to fly and a nice work (the sounds for example). Yves
I'm running HF3 no problems. Look at my later post

I have applied HF1 and HF3 with no success. I would have applied HF2 except HF3 came out so quickly I didn't get the chance. I also downloaded the latest install package which I thought was working; however, although I was not getting CTD I was still getting gauge freezes. I submitted my support tickets and will wait for the next HotFix. The way I look at it is if you do not apply a HF you may miss out on an opportunity to improve your 737NGX. If a HF doesn't work it only takes a few moments to restore to base package or whatever point was working for you. So you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. It's not only a matter of win or lose either. By not applying the HotFixes you are missing out on any bugs that would otherwise have been caught. A broken or successful HotFix is another chance to help the entire community by testing and feeback. At least that is how I look it.

Edward Smoker Sr.

I'm running HF3 no problems. Look at my later post
I know and I am happy for you. I am using HF2 and it is working great as well so I don't update anymore now yves