Sign in to follow this  
jpchabert

I knew it... freeze problem

Hi,unfortunately I had my first gauge freeze today. Worried.gif I was just giving Hotfix 3 a try. I was 45mins into the so far uneventfull flight after all displays of the NGX got locked up and inputs were ignored. There was no way for me to get out of this situation. The aircraft continued level flight but I had to close FSX. Memory usage was around 1GB at this moment (not too much I would think???)But CPU was pretty much at its limits. Is that a problem in general? I thought CPUs are designed to run at 100% as long as temperature is fine. Which parameters do I have to monitor exactly to find the problem? Thanks Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

3.164635.jpg
If you want support. Am I asking for support? No. Now stop bugging me with your nonsense
Ninjed! Di x isn't a name, this avatar isn't yours, and I doubt about something else. You're NOT pmdg staff, be nice with users here!

Guest Lawyer+Pilot
I have applied HF1 and HF3 with no success. I would have applied HF2 except HF3 came out so quickly I didn't get the chance. I also downloaded the latest install package which I thought was working; however, although I was not getting CTD I was still getting gauge freezes. I submitted my support tickets and will wait for the next HotFix. The way I look at it is if you do not apply a HF you may miss out on an opportunity to improve your 737NGX. If a HF doesn't work it only takes a few moments to restore to base package or whatever point was working for you. So you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. It's not only a matter of win or lose either. By not applying the HotFixes you are missing out on any bugs that would otherwise have been caught. A broken or successful HotFix is another chance to help the entire community by testing and feeback. At least that is how I look it.
Anyone who's familiar with FSX ought to know that the rigamarole of installing and patching and uninstalling and then reinstalling and then repatching is a terrible thing in terms of the stability and integrity of FSX. You play around with all of these hit and miss fixes, And the next thing you know, FSX is running like a 78 Buick and your best option is a completely clean install of FSX and all of your dozens of addons -- not to mention having to redo all of the tweaks we use to get FSX working in a way that is truly "as real as it gets". Trevor

PMDG says to sign your full real name after each post. 3.164635.jpg I've been getting a "new" crash as well. Going to do some testing this morning along the same route to see if I can reproduce it.
I don't understand when you're going to get bored of the same repetitive nonsense. What do you want a medal? Government commemoration? You're the only one on these forums who seems to be bothered. Haven't you noticed how nearly everyone else ignores these posts?

I've never had problems with the NGX since it was released, but I installed all of the hot fixes anyway, because PMDG suggested that I do it, and everything is still working perfectly. Hot fixes have not negatively effected my NGX at all.

I've never had problems with the NGX since it was released, but I installed all of the hot fixes anyway, because PMDG suggested that I do it, and everything is still working perfectly. Hot fixes have not negatively effected my NGX at all.
glad to hear it!

{sigh} Just waiting to see this one :- Geoff
All PMDG team that spent thousand hours and years, all beta testers , Nick and Chris from AOA and others customers like me would like to know these points, Do you konw? In youtube you also find a lot of the customers using any different PMDG 737NGX...there are a lot of good movie there, without problem.......why? btw, Do you really know these points?LMAO.gif

Guest Lawyer+Pilot
I had a similar experience with coffee. Some study found that drinking 8 cups per day is good for your kidneys (something to do with the glomerular filtration). So I've started drinking 8 cups of coffee per day. What do you know? No issues. I highly recommend that everyone drink 8 cups of coffee per day. Trevor

I had a similar experience with coffee. Some study found that drinking 8 cups per day is good for your kidneys (something to do with the glomerular filtration). So I've started drinking 8 cups of coffee per day. What do you know? No issues. I highly recommend that everyone drink 8 cups of coffee per day. Trevor
Well I just spilled my coffee...

Guest Lawyer+Pilot
Well I just spilled my coffee...
That's no way to treat a latte!I just hope people recognize the sarcasm (I usually don't paint it on so thick).

I could have told you that about coffee a long time ago. I've drank over 8 cups a day since I was a teen. I's real good to stimulate hyper-activity too.

Why fix something that's not broken ? My NGX was working perfectly with no hot fixes. Yesterday night, I installed hotfix 3 and everything seemed fine. This morning, GCLP --> LPPT, 300 nm from destination, everything froze, but the aircraft stayed on course. No way to get it back running again. No FPS problems, nothing. I clocked more than 60 hours of flight without the hotfix with not a single problem. Hotfix 3 was installed and that happened. I should have waited for an SP and not installed this fix. My advice for anyone who hasn't installed the hotfix and doesn't have any problem is WAIT FOR AN SP and DON'T INSTALL the hotfix. Plain and simple.
All I can say is: redownload the latest offcial complete installer package (which contains the latest hotfix), deinstall the NGX completely (wipe any remaining folders manually after deinstall) and reinstall from the new complete installer package. I had issues after installing hotfix over hotfix, but straightened everything out by proceding as described above. You might want to give that a try.

Dave P. Woycek

Anyone who's familiar with FSX ought to know that the rigamarole of installing and patching and...
Well, I can't say I have shared this problem. In my experience if FSX is going to become unstable it will happen regardless. My FSX was stable for six months then started to CTD without warning or reason. Another time FSX failed to install properly and was unstable before I ever installed a single addon. My point is, that is just FSX as I have experienced it. Note that I'm not saying you are wrong. What I'm saying is your first line makes it sound as if I do not know FSX just because my experiences do not qualify with your statement. I would disagree with that generalization. Sincerely,Ed

Edward Smoker Sr.

glad to hear it!
Yes Dix, I have to assume that 98% of the problems that are posted here are existing faults in peoples system setup, existing defects in other installed addons or other corruption in their FSX install. I believe that the NGX may stretch their system resources and expose problems that other addons may not show. But, if the NGX works so near perfectly in so many computers, there is nothing wrong with PMDG's software. Especially nothing that would cause any profound problems.

Yes Dix, I have to assume that 98% of the problems that are posted here are existing faults in peoples system setup, existing defects in other installed addons or other corruption in their FSX install. I believe that the NGX may stretch their system resources and expose problems that other addons may not show. But, if the NGX works so near perfectly in so many computers, there is nothing wrong with PMDG's software. Especially nothing that would cause any profound problems.
+1. Glad someone realises that PMDG are the professionals, not themselves