Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

Wear and tear beginning to show:o) maintenance advice needed:o)

Ok guys I think I need some advice here. I have been having some APU fault lights going on almost every time I started the APU. the QRH told me to shut down the APU and I did, and it worked.Secondly in the failure page, there is one active! It says "nose tire balance" and there is nothing about this in the QRH. I chose to take off anyways, and am now enroute to Tampa from DFW.is it safe? What can I do to correct the imbalance? Also I noticed my HYD and OIL qty running a bit lower Than I remembered, currently in flight the oil qty is at 89% and 88%.HYD QTY is 71% and 93%, but the pressure is normal(3000).Am I wron?Ps. I looooooove is aircraft!!!!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I didn't get any failures yet.... BUT my NGX is also getting low on oil. 82% for engine number 1 and 16%! for engine number 2. I have no idea how to refill the oil. Hopefully someone knows how to do it before i get an engine failure..... J. Meijerink

I think the failure system is kinda a mystery to the devs as well judging from the amount of feedback they give on it :( FRED

You will need to go into the Maintenance section of the menu to get your plane serviced. Mark.

Mark   CYYZ      

You will need to go into the Maintenance section of the menu to get your plane serviced. Mark.
Do you need failures on to be able to see wear and tear? Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

You need to set "service based failures" to on in order to experience usage based changes to aircraft handling.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello Mark, I have done the engine maintenance but the oil levels stay the same. There has to be an other way.... I can't imagine PMDG has forgotten this.Rolling Eyes.gif Jeroen

Not sure, I have not tried this yet, besides I keep resetting my hours each time a new Hot Fix is introduced and I have to uninstall and reinstall the liveries. Mark.

Mark   CYYZ      

You need to set "service based failures" to on in order to experience usage based changes to aircraft handling.
I'll do that then :D

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I haven't seen any clear way of refilling fluids only...seems like you can only do a major service on the engines or hydraulics and even that doesn't necessarily top off the fluids. It doesn't make much sense that if you could refill the oil, it could only be done during major service intervals. If I could only remember the number of times I pumped oil into an F404 or J52P8B between major services. ;)

Wouldn't it be nice, if we could taxi her into a hanger, and watch as our computer generated mechanics carry out the repairs? knowing PMDG and their tendency to push the envelope, give it a couple of years and who knows. Martin Wilby

update: The oil qty on my number 2 engine is now 9%. Still no low level warning.... Does anyone know when i can expect such a warning? Tnanks. Jeroen

The only way I've found to top off oil is to not start from a saved panel situation. Load the aircraft into FSX then load a pre loaded panel situation from the CDU that comes with the NGX. The maintenance timer will still be saved per the livery used but oil and hydraulic fluid will be topped off again. So fly your flights for the day and then the following day load the panel situation LNG Cold and Dark from the CDU.

Sean Green

Wouldn't it be nice, if we could taxi her into a hanger, and watch as our computer generated mechanics carry out the repairs? knowing PMDG and their tendency to push the envelope, give it a couple of years and who knows. Martin Wilby
ORBX could come up with something im sure, but they may be a little distracted creating worms in the ground or something (or fallign leaves) haha.

The only way I've found to top off oil is to not start from a saved panel situation. Load the aircraft into FSX then load a pre loaded panel situation from the CDU that comes with the NGX. The maintenance timer will still be saved per the livery used but oil and hydraulic fluid will be topped off again. So fly your flights for the day and then the following day load the panel situation LNG Cold and Dark from the CDU.
Thanks Sean. I will try this the next time... I hope PMDG creates an option in the maintenance page to refill the engine oil. Maybe they can include it in the upcoming sp1?