Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

CFG versions not updated after HF4 - how to fix

1. Uninstall any installed liveries with the Livery Manager's Remove button.2. Delete any aircraft.cfg and aircraft.cfg_old files from all four PMDG_737NGX folders in FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes. If you do not see a file specifically called "aircraft.cfg", please go to Control Panel\Folder Options and uncheck the one that says "Hide extensions for known filetypes.", that will make them show up correctly.3. Rerun the hotfix 4 installer, answer yes to any warning about it already being installed.4. Should now have the correct cfgs - reinstall liveries.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

In my case nothing happened. The files are not created because the hotfix does not run. It start and stop early. I tried reinstall the RTM and observe the same bahavior.

Ryan, I turn off my antivirus and nothing. The interesting is that I installed one month ago the original RTM without problem. Now I not able to run HF4 or the original RTM 2888.Well I am enjoying the 2888 version but I need find some solution for install the SP1 when available.Thanks in advance.

Kevin, If you ran the Hotfix (4), check your aircraft.cfg files. If they do not show version 2987, then you need to do this fix. They may show version 2922.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Gents- I replaced the HOTFIX installer. If you pull a copy after 0600Z/26SEP11 the hotfix installer will nuke your old configs and replace them with the correct ones- thus avoiding the need to follow Ryan's instructions above. (Yes- I'm telling you to ignore Ryan only in this narrow instance.... but I am working on ways so that we can all make a habit of ignoring him...work with me...LOL.gif )

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

great thx for the fix ... it worked for me luckily but for those with problems its great

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Ryan or Robert,My HF4 installation went fine yesterday morning and all my NGX aircraft.cfg files appear to be latest version. Nice job - thanks. Question - Before I installed HF4, I simply copied the existing aircraft.cfg files to another name, installed HF4, and then manually copied back in the individual FlightSim.X entries. All appears to function well. My question pertains to the aircraft.cfg_old file. It is now of the older version of aircraft.cfg file. Am I asking for trouble when next using the Livery Manager? Could you please take a moment to explain the functionality of this file and how it pertains to the Livery Manager? I.e., is it just used to store FlightSim.x entries during a livery-delete or something? Or, are other aircraft specific sections of the old file parsed back into the the current aircraft.cfg file, creating a file versioning issue? Can I just delete the old file and it will be regenerated somehow? Thanks for your enlightenment regarding the "aircraft.cfg_old" file. unsure.png

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Gents- I replaced the HOTFIX installer. If you pull a copy after 0600Z/26SEP11 the hotfix installer will nuke your old configs and replace them with the correct ones- thus avoiding the need to follow Ryan's instructions above. (Yes- I'm telling you to ignore Ryan only in this narrow instance.... but I am working on ways so that we can all make a habit of ignoring him...work with me...LOL.gif )
Hi Mr Randazzo, In my case? what to do? Any installer, HF or TRM, DO NOT RUN in my PC!Please help me because i would like to be able to run SP1 when available.Thanks!

What's wrong with my windows??? I/am using 32bit Win7, after several times installing the HF4 with no success, nothing changed at NGX cfgs my current 2888 and i finally found those files (the build 2987 cfg, dll, new manual) in my main windows directory.. very2 strange...Hypnotized.gifits very hard to write in ENGLISH...(not my daily language) btw..

Hi Mr Randazzo, In my case? what to do? Any installer, HF or TRM, DO NOT RUN in my PC!Please help me because i would like to be able to run SP1 when available.Thanks!
Could be something with Virtual Machine file? I read something that I am using W7 64 Bits!

Could be something with Virtual Machine file? I read something that I am using W7 64 Bits!
You're thinking about virtual memory. There was. Topic about clearing/adjusting it that seemed to help some people.

- After installing the newest hotfix, can't fly anymore, fcourse installed by the rulesSystem - Provider [ Name] Application Error - EventID 1000 [ Qualifiers] 0 Level 2 Task 100 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2011-09-30T03:45:05.000000000Z EventRecordID 20187 Channel Application Computer GEBRUIK-HLM0R4P Security - EventData fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0 475e17d3 PMDG_737NGX.DLL_unloaded 0.0.0.0 4e7ce449 c0000005 52cc9374 1e28 01cc7f2306366ff0 D:\FSX\fsx.exe PMDG_737NGX.DLL 94f109e5-eb16-11e0-af8f-f46d0458013c

I hate to say it but after the HF4 FSX keeps crashing while loading, or just after loading a saved flight with the NGX. Previously i would only have that problem once after RTM or hotfix installation. I would load a flight with the Cessna, then choose NGX and fly. From there the NGX would always load within a saved flight with saved panel state. Since HF4 i always have to save/load a flight with the Cessna and then change to NGX with default panel state to make it work.