Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

Speeding up sim - warp factor - advisable in the NGX?

As part of my round the world flight I am probably going to have to use warp factor for some legs due to literally not having the time to complete the legs before bedtime. Has anyone successfully done it and at X what speed?

I sometimes use 4x, but only in straight and level flight. Before overflying a waypoint I reduce to 1x and speed up when the aircraft is stable again - I get oscillating turns otherwise.

Just in case people are interested completed a 'no weather' flight and used x4 in the cruise with zero issues. Pleased about this because it does expand the world for me a bit. I fly a lot on Vatsim where obviously you can't do it but it's nice to do other things too.

I use 8X all the time for long legs and have no issues. Frame rates stay very tolerable and plane is very stable. I, too, return to 1X before waypoints so I can accurately record time and fuel particularly when in non-radar environment requiring "position reporting" protocol.

Hi,Occasionally x2 above 10000ft to cruise and then x4 in cruise, back to x2 for decent to 10000ft then resume normal speed (or snails pace as it feels after x2 & x4 !).No issues.CheersCarl Beeby

best way is to take off than slew to the airport saves u heaps of time lol :(

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pete,I have often wondered how to do that (Slewing). Can you slew or move instantly to a fixed point eg the t/d into the destination airport?regardsGerry

For one you can open up the map view and drag the plane symbol around to move to a new location quickly.The shortcut for slewing is y - have a look at a shortcut list for what else is possible in slew mode.

For one you can open up the map view and drag the plane symbol around to move to a new location quickly.The shortcut for slewing is y - have a look at a shortcut list for what else is possible in slew mode.
lol yea but dont kinow what happens at the end of the slewing since havnt tried it that was a tonque in a cheek remark i made about slewing lol. so dont know what happens at the end. be interesting to see what happens to the aircraft and the systems. Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Slewing is something that I wouldnt recommend on this aircraft - it just makes it all rather pointless. For one the slew will just move the aircraft to where you want to go - thats fine for practising things like final approaches and landing techniques as it can save you time on flying a circuit. But even that may have undesirable effects on the aircraft systems.To me,it just seems like an enormass waste of money on such a fine product. You could always just fly shorter routes?However each to their own which is the joy of the FS world - you can do it pretty much however you like!

Anthony Milner

I sometimes use 4x for Takeoff, 8x for Climb, 16x for Cruise, 8x Descend, 4x Landing.Its awesome I can go from Gatewick to Oslo in about 15minutes.:D

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Real pilots also can't speed up their warp factor. I've never done it and I never will. I get the plane into cruise and the I do some other things in the meantime (watch TV, do some homework or something else) but I never think of speeding up the things. (null)

Real pilots also can't speed up their warp factor. I've never done it and I never will.I get the plane into cruise and the I do some other things in the meantime (watch TV, do some homework or something else) but I never think of speeding up the things.(null)
true you can do your home work etc watch tv but rw pilots cant do this all they can do is go for a walk down the ilse and chat up the stewardess

Peter kelberg