Sign in to follow this  
dtrjones

So no one saw the January screenshots? WOW!

Ok there have been bigger news stories today, but lost in translation is the superb set of screenshots Microsoft delivered for the January 2012 set.Screenshot 1 - External Icon A5Beautiful rendition of the soon to be released Icon A5 showing delightful lighting and crisp accuracy and detail on the landclass and textures - better than anything I've seen before outside photoreal scenery. Just look at the accuracy of the grass and river!Screenshot 2 - Cockpit Icon A5Clean lines and outstanding design - you just know the lighting will work everywhere in this fully realised reflective plush cockpit. A real joy to behold and a lot of fun it will be to land in water and tarmac. Speaking of tarmac have you ever seen as detailed a rendition of the gravelly stuff as depicted in this shot. Clearly the Icon A5 sits closer to the ground and you get a great feel for this with the spectacular details shown.Screenshot 3 - External Icon A5It appears the the sky textures and terrain soak in the ambient lighting for dawn and dusk settings creating what will be some fantastic transitional affects. Subtle lighting on the fusalage gives this a classy feel.Screenshot 4 - External Icon A5 near runwayThe beautifully drawn exteria of the Icon A5 with the superb reflection is shown again here. The crisp textures and detailing of the runway again apparent. What I like here is the depth of the scenery objects in the background which for me makes this a whole lot more realistic than Aerofly FS at typical GA altitudes but breathtaking when close to landing or taking off. To add to this we've already seen a lot of custom scenery which will be exciting to explore.Screenshot 5 - External Coastline during dawn / duskAgain the coherent lighting really gives this a great feeling that the rendering engine understands how to interpret all aspects of the scenery at any given time.Screenshot 6 - External Shot of the StearmanWonderful wonderful attention to detail on the external model of the Stearman! But also the landclass is also amazing in this shot. Look at the shallow ridges on the hill slope behind the plane, it superbly depicts the cut away rock formation at exactly the points you'd expect. Screenshot 7 - External Shot of the StearmanI really like this shot!!!! Brings me back to the original video Microsoft used for the launch. The soft shadows on the warmly lit body of the plane provides a sensational dusk affect which would change as the sun appears / disapears (see previous screenshots for confirmation)So there not a bad set.Flight is really exciting me now and this is all free. Planes have been carefully selected to fly within the confines of the Hawaii islands but you don't even get all the islands for free. However this is a world sim in the waiting. Scenery will be released if enough people support Flight outside of Hawaii and guess what you'll need the heavy irons the reach them...Until then I'm going to look forward to discovering Hawaii, bring it on!Cheers,Dave.

Honestly, I don't think anybody cares any more.
Yeah... MS made a game NOBODY wanted. Edited by mikea76

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Good luck. I truly and sincerely hope that you and the 6 other fans enjoy Flight.

Good luck. I truly and sincerely hope that you and the 6 other fans enjoy Flight.
ROFL!!

A plane that's number one feature is that it really isn't much more than a car...that's the best they could do?Colin

A plane that's number one feature is that it really isn't much more than a car...that's the best they could do?Colin
^ This, game over

Ok there have been bigger news stories today, but lost in translation is the superb set of screenshots Microsoft delivered for the January 2012 set.
Hi Dave,Assuming your post is genuine and not tongue-in-cheek (I am in auto-defensive / auto-suspicious mode here at the moment lol), then yes, I agree with you. Let's hope you, me and the 5 other Flight fans will enjot this game!PS: Are there 7 fans? I've only counted 4 including myself.

All I can say is I can't wait for the Youtube a really bad dude is mad version of Flight...lol

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.