Sign in to follow this  

I am a little worried about the removal of the cloud sliders. I've seen other sims remove sliders which gave their end users nice features and total user control just because of "performance". I hope that isn't the case here.

I am a little worried about the removal of the cloud sliders. I've seen other sims remove sliders which gave their end users nice features and total user control just because of "performance". I hope that isn't the case here.
We saw the exact same step in XP9. I think it is a step to protect the majority of users from themselves. It seems to be in the nature of simmers to slide everything to MAX and then lament about poor framerate.I agree that having more control is better. Then again I was never quite sure WHAT the sliders actually did and what their effect on framerate was...Jan

I have the new cloud setting ramped up pretty high,running a quad core, GTS250.It seems better to me,set it too low and it just doesn't bother showing you any clouds at lower settingsi always make a point of flying out of KSEA with the updates,seems to be the most taxing place...i think that can throw people off if they go exploring and the framerates shoot up. They do on mine,just had a trip round Minnesota,framerates a constant 30....Round KSEA,i'm getting a nice 18-20FPS....:)The only thing i'm not fond of is the amount the planes get thrown around with real world weather.Editable real world weather would be good,to turn that wind down!!!!

I accidently hit the set all settings to minimal button in the new setting window. I'm gonna hav to redo all my settings.
I did too! I thought it was a special framerate optimizer and didn't realize that it would zero all the options. I force closed XP10 which causes it to retain the previous preferences, so I didn't have to try and remember what my settings were.As for performance, I didn't notice any difference, but I only tested for a few minutes this morning before running out the door for work.

I did too! I thought it was a special framerate optimizer and didn't realize that it would zero all the options. I force closed XP10 which causes it to retain the previous preferences, so I didn't have to try and remember what my settings were.As for performance, I didn't notice any difference, but I only tested for a few minutes this morning before running out the door for work.
:( I had framerates in the 70-mega_shok.gif bracket. I didn't fly with it like this although after thinking about it I might just to see if it feels any different at those very high frame rates. I have V-sync forced off, but didn't get any tearing on this 60 hz monitor, of course I didn't stay at that setting for long.