Sign in to follow this  
beoingrocks

a2a P-40 !

You got my vote entirely.Maybe you should mention it over at their forums. The DC-8 seems like it would be right up their alley.Alot of the forum members would probably agree with you and Scott might think the DC-8 has enough historical significance to keep the idea in his hat.JB
it would be awesome to see a accu sim turbojet

Since accusim rubs independantly of fsx, I wonder if you could put the AC into MS flight?

Edited by PingPong

The P-40 is amazing, I almost like here better then my loved Spitfire. The immmersion is unbelievable.The great thing is that with every release of a new A2A aircraft the core module gets updated too so that older accusim aircraft get the latest and greatest. So, now the Spitfire also enjoys new hydraulic systems, for example. Great stuff!Can't wait for the Mustang and F104 and Phantom to be released.

Since accusim rubs independantly of fsx, I wonder if you could put the AC into MS flight?
If MS offers an SDK it will be possible. However, as far as I know, no SDK will be provided by MS.

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

What a Beautiful Ole Warbird!! Love the new ground effects and Stall Buffets!!.............and 1 step closer to the Phantom!!! :(

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Greetings All,For anyone on the fence with the P40, I can say that we have many of folks at DTP that have already picked it up and it does not disappoint. A2A has raised the bar again. I just don't see how they keep doing this, but they do.I was originally going to wait for the P51. Cody from A2A came in on release day as a unexpected guest speaker at DTP, and gave us the history and details of the aircraft, several of us decided to purchase right there and then. We had a nice sunset formation flight checking out the new bird. Even captured some great 5760x1080 screenshots. Cody was "the man" to walk us through many details that may or may not be in the manuals (Yes, I am going to read them soon)In the following days, I have really come to love this aircraft. Just one of my experiences involved on final into Toronto. I forgot to switch fuel tanks from reserve to fuselage, with the reserve running dangerously low. I eventually was running on fumes and the engine sputtered. As I looked around the cockpit, desperately trying to determine what was going on, I inadvertently moved the stick around. The engine would rev up, then sputter, then rev up as the stick moved around changing the g-forces on the aircraft. It was the remaining fuel sloshing around finding its way to the engine feed line. A2A realism, physics and flat out immersion just amazes me.For the curious ones, I did land it safely. Landing it is easy, taking off is what I need to work on.

-Todd

If only a2a did some more civil aircraft like the cub. Warbirds are not my kind of flying.
I was like that. Although I love vintage aircraft I always thought: "what do I need warbirds in a civilian simulation for, when I can't use them as intended anyway"? But then I took the plunge and got the P-47. And then the B-17. And then the Spitfire. And then the P-40. And now all of these birds are among my absolute favourites to fly. You can't beat Accusim realism. That's why I can't wait for the P-51.p.s.: damn right the P-40 is iconic! Edited by Jigsaw

If only a2a did some more civil aircraft like the cub. Warbirds are not my kind of flying.
I agree. The Cub was such a giant leap forward it's a little disappointing it wasn't followed by something else without guns. It must be one of their best sellers too I would imagine, everyone seems to have it. I love the Spitfire package but feel a bit silly flying it sometimes and feel much more at home throwing the Cub around. Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

If you all haven't seen the episodes of "Dogfights" on the History channel (I watched them on hulu plus) you should check it out...I would say ,yes, the p-40 was an iconic warbird. The different episodes show the how and why each model of aircraft came to be...highly recommended.http://www.history.c...tigers-favorite

Edited by gtrbarbarian

I would really like to have an old jetliner. like a convair 990A,dc-8,boeing 720. If we had those aircraft with the accusim technology it would be awesome. boeing 720, the 720 was a short range 707720_ogle.jpgdc8-soderstrom.jpgcv990n5611.jpg

Edited by beoingrocks

Anyone have some fun with their A2A P40 at FlyTampa's St. Barths like in this vid?!

Fantastic Job!!!!!! Are there no safely rules in St. Barth btw? I tried twice to land in fly Tampa's St. Barth with Tim Conrad's J3m2 raiden, but it wasn't possible at least for me to land in a tiny strip like that one. The Raiden is a taildragger but not a bush plane. Too much of the paveway runs under my belly before to see where to land.

Edited by Manta_FSX

Fantastic Job!!!!!! Are there no safely rules in St. Barth btw? I tried twice to land in fly Tampa's St. Barth with Tim Conrad's J3m2 raiden, but it wasn't possible at least for me to land in a tiny strip like that one. The Raiden is a taildragger but not a bush plane. Too much of the paveway runs under my belly before to see where to land.
Notice you don't see any actually land at St. Barth, they are all just doing fly-by's. I don't think any of them would land there except maybe if that beautiful Corsair has a tailhook it can drop down on a trap wire!

it would be nice to have an dc-8 or 707 with the early turbojets
You are making me drool..... :(

Anyone have some fun with their A2A P40 at FlyTampa's St. Barths like in this vid?!
Unfortunately not, but since seeing that video a few weeks ago and after few hours of flying with the P40, I consider Fly Tampa's Barths as my next scenery must buy :(

Notice you don't see any actually land at St. Barth, they are all just doing fly-by's. I don't think any of them would land there except maybe if that beautiful Corsair has a tailhook it can drop down on a trap wire!
If I could get the NGX 800 into RWY10 at barts, then I bet we could get the A2A Fighters in there as well.Not saying it would be safe in RL, but definately fun in the sim.JB
I would really like to have an old jetliner. like a convair 990A,dc-8,boeing 720. If we had those aircraft with the accusim technology it would be awesome. boeing 720, the 720 was a short range 707720_ogle.jpgdc8-soderstrom.jpgcv990n5611.jpg
Maybe after A2A releases the Starfighter and Phantom and have nailed down the external simulation for the turbojets, then maybe they will consider some Historically Iconic Tubes.Imagine the DC-8 with COTS?JB Edited by Buzz313th