Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Anyone using eyefinity + 3 screens?

Tell you what Vu, I think you have just about made my mind up...The more I read, the more I think I'm going to stick with a single screen.
Hi Howard,I was reinstalling FSX and forgot about any tweaks that I had used, so the figure above is for default fsx.cfg. After applying Bojote tweaks. The FPS for PMDG 737NGX at Orbx YMML is 25 for the following settings:Scenery: details large, mesh 5m, mesh complexity 100%, texture 7cm, water low 2x, scenery complexity: extremely dense, autogen: normalWeather: Ultra HighTraffics: Medium HighWeather theme at the test: building stormI am using the HD texture from HIFI ASE 2012I thought I would give you a correct data. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Thanks again Vu, very much appreciated.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

When I was using eyefinity I didn't notice any major framerate drop. You can always compensate by, say, reducing water quality or AI traffic a notch.What really bothered me was the issue with the jumping mouse pointer when switching to a 2d panel. I had to manually change the window size property inside the airplane's panel file for every single plane to fix this. This is a known issue with eyefinity and I think there is a post somewhere here.Another thing I could not get used to was the bezels getting in the way.I ended up buying a 2560x1440 27" monitor from Dell and could't be happier.I still have my 3 1920x1080 screens in case I decide to give eyefinity another chance.Check out this video of my setup:http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=jScb_qisuZsAt the time I was using a 5870. Now I have a 6970 but never tested multimonitor with it. I have a 7970 on the way (should be here by monday) but I don't feel like testing eyefinity with it.

Hello,I'm using 5 monitors attached to one card. I have ATI HD6970 with 6 video outputs. My CPU is AMD Phenom II 3,2Ghz. This is how the configuration looks like:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/kokpit1.jpg/http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/kokpit2.jpg/The smalles monitor is a touchscreen - used as OVH panel and FMC.Launching FSX, ASE2012, Squawkbox or Radar Contact 4 i keep around 20 fps at airports and during approach or climb (even when cloudy) and around 50 fps at cruise. I fly mainly Flight1 ATR-72 and FeelThere Embraer 175. Graphics set at medium/high.It gets worse for example in Paris Airports with Paris VFR points added. But in general it's great.My advice is: don't use VC in multi screen config, use normal cockpit view at 2 or 3 screens and create panel with all gauges needed on monitor no 4cheers,Leszek

Hello,I'm using 5 monitors attached to one card. I have ATI HD6970 with 6 video outputs. My CPU is AMD Phenom II 3,2Ghz. This is how the configuration looks like:http://imageshack.us...41/kokpit1.jpg/http://imageshack.us...68/kokpit2.jpg/The smalles monitor is a touchscreen - used as OVH panel and FMC.Launching FSX, ASE2012, Squawkbox or Radar Contact 4 i keep around 20 fps at airports and during approach or climb (even when cloudy) and around 50 fps at cruise. I fly mainly Flight1 ATR-72 and FeelThere Embraer 175. Graphics set at medium/high.It gets worse for example in Paris Airports with Paris VFR points added. But in general it's great.My advice is: don't use VC in multi screen config, use normal cockpit view at 2 or 3 screens and create panel with all gauges needed on monitor no 4cheers,Leszek
Fantastic setup, congratulations. Unfortunately it is not easy to do without VC unless you have a lot of expensive hardware.

Fantastic setup, congratulations.Unfortunately it is not easy to do without VC unless you have a lot of expensive hardware.
It's not so expensive. All saitek hardware I have is less than 600$ I use it for more than two years. For our hobby is nothing in comparison to other panels... (example: ovh panel of B737 cost about 1,500$!!!!)

Hello,I'm using 5 monitors attached to one card. I have ATI HD6970 with 6 video outputs. My CPU is AMD Phenom II 3,2Ghz. This is how the configuration looks like:SNIPMy advice is: don't use VC in multi screen config, use normal cockpit view at 2 or 3 screens and create panel with all gauges needed on monitor no 4
Nice setup Leszek, how do you handle airplanes that have VC only? I was recently trying out my 5870 with 3 monitors and many of the planes I typically fly only have a VC and no 2D panel so I was not able to find a way to rig the side monitors to have a static view, is there a workaround for that or do you just avoid airplanes with no 2D panel?

--John near KPAE

Nice setup Leszek, how do you handle airplanes that have VC only? I was recently trying out my 5870 with 3 monitors and many of the planes I typically fly only have a VC and no 2D panel so I was not able to find a way to rig the side monitors to have a static view, is there a workaround for that or do you just avoid airplanes with no 2D panel?
I'm not changing the airplanes too much, so all that I use do have 2D panel. If not you can always try to create a simple 2D panel from gauges used in 3D. It's quite time-consuming work to create such a panel without some utility to panels but it's not so difficult. In VC it's impossible to avoid squeeezing the picture on side screens. That's why I stopped fying on VC cause squeezed side view was annoying. I prefer full forward view instead and instruments on 4th monitor.There should be such a possibility to keep a static view, but to verify this you have to search in panel.cfg. There are view's definition, maybe changing something there is a solution.