Sign in to follow this  
elrey08

HELP! Looking For Opinions For a new System for FSX

Ok, Im a current loyal fs2004 user since it first got published and im still a follower of the sim. i see that techonlogy advanced so much and i do love it since i learned to fly through there but Dang FSX Graphics look Amazing to me and the weather rendering seems to be amazing. when i bought my desktop, lets say i got fooled by the system req of the FSX box basically i thought my desktop was going to be able to run it but it sure wont run it since is too heavy for me and if i turn the graphics way to high im screwed slowed and no fun for me... also i see there is great sceneries, and add ons such as active sky 2012 and im missing all of the fun basically and realism i can get. my current specs on my system are as follows.AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz3GB RAM186GB DiskNvidia GeForce GT240I Think a 300-400 WT Power SupplyMy first ?, is my video card proper to run full Graphic settings on a new system? and also im pretty sure id have to invest some money on a new system. What are good hardware out there that will allow me to fly BEST my fsx will all the upcomming addons comming up? THNX for the answering

There are soooooo maannnnnnnyyyyy topics on this, if you search you will find. I have AMD 1100T at 4.1Gig, but the reccomended standard is Intel I5 2500K or I7 2700K overclocked, 6 Gig ram, no need for more, GTX560Ti 1gig is the base card, not sure on the AMD cards, win7 64bit, as for mobos, do some reading there is a lot of info out there.

Edited by mjrhealth