Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

Buzzing sound when switching to a new window

Today was the first time I have flown on VATSIM in the 737 NGX and am wondering if anybody else has this issue. When flying VATSIM and if I switch to look at VATSPY or look at my weather program or go to the internet I get a buzzing sound. When I go back into the cockpit the buzzing goes away. I have tried different sound settings and different acceleration settings with no luck. Anything I can do to remedy this?

Jim Wenham

Today was the first time I have flown on VATSIM in the 737 NGX and am wondering if anybody else has this issue. When flying VATSIM and if I switch to look at VATSPY or look at my weather program or go to the internet I get a buzzing sound. When I go back into the cockpit the buzzing goes away. I have tried different sound settings and different acceleration settings with no luck. Anything I can do to remedy this?
I also have this problem sometimes. I reduced the frequency of it happening by switching to a seperate sound card off the MB, but it still happenes once in a while.I have never experienced the same problem with other addons, just the NGX. I'm not complaining, but it would be nice to hear from others that may be having this issue and hopefully find a solution to get rid of it alltogether.JB
Tried pressing Q twice to reset sounds?
I have tried it, but doesn't clear the sound anomoly.ThanksJB

Tried pressing Q twice to reset sounds?
The buzzing goes away on its own when I am back in the FSX window. I am using SoundMAX on my ASUS MOBO if it matters.

Jim Wenham

Hey Jim,I just noticed in your sig you are using XP64 bit as I am as well. This might have something to do with it, as most users are now on Win7.JB

Hey Jim,I just noticed in your sig you are using XP64 bit as I am as well. This might have something to do with it, as most users are now on Win7.JB
Yes Jack, still using good ol XP64. I havent seen the need to change over yet.

Jim Wenham