Sign in to follow this  
flaihai

Engine failure after V1

Hi there,let me first express my gratefulness for this superb simulation (if only it were an Airbus...).I have a question/request regarding the engine damage simulation:Will it be possible with a future update to let engines fail/burn/lose oil pressure based on IAS/V1? This would be a helpful step towards real world check preparation to have engine malfunctions pop up either below V1 (maybe within 15 knots) or above (maybe also related to a maximum Radar Altitude of 200 feet).Thank you,I hope for your future AirbusA340 project,Jan Krebs

You can set CDU page to show an engine failure, arm it, and pusshing EXEC at the required speed, simple and working.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I haven't tried it yet. But doesn't V1 cut on the failure page automaticaly cut at V1? I thought thats what Robert said it would do after SP1b?JB

Hi,Don't have the NGX there, but as far as I remember, apart from Andre's solution which works, there are other option to make a failure after V1 in the FMC.I may be wrong, not sure.

Ok, I tried the V1 failure and it works, very "funny" ;)
So do you arm it or activate it? And then does it kill an engine at v1?Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

You must activate the V1 or Vr failure, you can do while you are parked , the engine will shut down at the relative speed (V1 and so on) you select.It is in the failure menu, under Engine, maybe at page 2 or 3...Activate, and push exec.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Just a thought , it would be nice to see a Emergency Procedure takeoff and landing on video like this ?Maybe AOA is putting this to there videos ?&Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Search for Skysurfer007 on youtube, he has done such (in Munster/Osnabruck, to boot)