Sign in to follow this  
Tube and Rag

Which Spitfire?

RealAir or A2A? I'm interested in which one flies better. Engine health simulation is not a concern.I've always been very impressed by RealAir's efforts to make airplanes stall, spin, and slip better.I know the A2A Spit with Accusim has much more glitter, but does it fly better than the almost-four-year old RealAir Spit?

I have both. Real question is how much do you wanna spend?If you go a2a then accusim will take it above the realair spit.The A2a birds buffet, spin, snap and have extremely realistic fde I'm sure most ppl who have both will recommend a2a over realairSent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

I don't have the RealAir one, but the A2A Spit with Accusim is one of the best aircraft in my collection.I like RealAir aircrafts too (have Duke and Scout), but anything accusimed is so much more "Real". :(

Edited by MauB

Mauricio Brentano

I have both. Although Realair is a top class developer, the A2A Spitfire ranks a class higher, both in visual appearance as in depth of simulation and sheer pleasure to fly. I particularly like the little details like the shaking of the instrument panel at startup, the way the engine behaves at low idle and even changes the color of the exhaust smoke, the way the canopy fogs up if you descent from cold air into warmer air and you forget to turn open the ventilation...Of course, there is also a difference in the version being modeled. The Realair simulation is of the later and more powerful four bladed propeller mark IX, A2A models an earlier mark II version with two or three bladed propeller. Even without Accusim I like the A2A version better, but with Accusim there's no more comparison.Paul

While the RealAir Spitfire is a fabulous rendition of an enormously powerful fighter aircraft - it is showing it's age when compared to the cutting edge programming as done by A2A - that - and the fact that the RA Spit is a MkXIV, circa 1946 - means you are comparing apples to oranges. They are both complately different aircraft, in feel, looks, performance and functional authenticity.Buy both! :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Why not try IL2 Cliffs of Dover? It's been patched to the point where it's perfectly playable. I mean what's the point buying a payware Spit if you can't shoot at those 109s?

I mean what's the point buying a payware Spit if you can't shoot at those 109s?
I reckon most of the boys over at A2A would not exactly agree with that statement..... :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Cliffs of Dover sure looks good on youtube - but man what an awful pile of rubbish that program is. That hurt the IL-2 name. Get 1946 if you want a realistic simulator. Now back on topic....A2A w/ Accusim all the way!

Yeah, I loved the RAS Spitfire when it came out. It was the best plane in my virtual hanger. But now the A2A is better in systems/engine simulation, graphics quality and maybe even the flight model. Looking forward to their P51.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

As has been pointed out the A2A and Real Air packages offer very different variants of the Spitfire.A2A - Pre/early war MkI and 1940 MkII. These were the Spitfires that were flying during the Battle of Britain.Real Air - 1942 Mk.IX and 1944 MkXIV. The MkIX was probably the ultimate Merlin engined Spitfire with significantly superior performance across the board, it was the variant of the Spitfire which restored RAF superiority over the FW190A. The MkXIV featured the massively powerful Griffon engine which gave it tremendous performance. The MkXIV was the contemporary of the P-51D and FW190D and was arguably superior to both.The A2A package is more recent and has a more impressive feature list, but IMHO the Real Air offers two excellent representations of later ad perhaps more interesting Spitfire variants. Whichever one you go for you won't be disappointed.

Edited by EngineRoom

Those shacking needles and the need to really watch and learn the cooling system operation on the A2A are very nice details. I don't miss any working weapons there (although one could add some), but I would miss the whole Accusim aspect on that plane.I had some serious VFR fun on Vatsim with that one and caused various 'cooling emergencies' on the first few flights. :(

A2A with accusim. It's just stunning.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip