Sign in to follow this  
Speedbird 217

Around the World with CPA 3272

Buckle up! Today we’re moving some fresh Alaskan salmon from Anchorage to Chicago. This first leg of the eastbound round-the-world tour with Cathay Pacifics CPA 3272 Flight leads us from freezing cold ANC to ORD onboard this wonderful Boeing 747-400F. We’re flying on B-HUO in a special metallic shine livery. This bird is also called the “Silver Bullet”.cpa3272_1.jpgA shining star – the Queen of the Skies is getting ready for PushbackYAFSS_041.jpgBrrrrr…Looks cold, doesn’t it?YAFSS_050.jpgA view on the apron in ANC – this is what Tri-Holer-Heaven looks like!YAFSS_048.jpgRotate with the mountains at the horizon, you gotta love AnchorageYAFSS_073.jpgGear up! Again you can see the distinct Chugach Mountains in the backYAFSS_083.jpgSunset at FL370 – the beauty of flyingYAFSS_113.jpgCleared to land, CPA 3272 is on Final Approach into ORD 27L on a clear nightYAFSS_125.jpgAnd finally we park the silver bullet on the freight ramp. While our shift ends, the ramp workers will now need to get all that salmon out of the big 47s belly. We pack our stuff and find us a cold beer somewhere in the Windy City, maybe with a nice grilled salmon…YAFSS_149.jpgStay tuned for the next leg, which will take us over the pond from ORD to AMS.

Edited by 25L

Hi, you´re pic´s are quite immensive, so congratulations to that and a very warm welcome to you.But now to the rather negative part: I had to delete your second post because you´ve violated the rules in here: all pictures have to appear in the first message and no more than 10 picutres are allowed. And last but not least they don´t have to be bigger than 200kb. Please read the rules given at the top of the Screen Shots Forum and adhere to them in the future. This isn´t ment to be harsh, just an thing for the future so we all can enjoy your pictures in a correct way. :(

#8 is just.....................................................................i just fainted........................................ :( :(

I LOVE the cockpit grabs man. Great stuff.....and that bare metal paint is the bomb...

Thanks for all the positive feedback!Indeed it's PANC by Aerosoft. A wonderful scenery in my opinion that was long overdue, since Anchorage is heaven for all the Freight Dogs out there. Especially flying on the B747F and MD-11F. It's FS9 with billions of tweaks, enhancements and the ENB-mod for the right lighting-mood. And of course the Silver Bullet (B-HUO) just looks fantastic. The repaint I use can be found in the avsim library.I would love to post my next trip reports on the RTW-Tour. So far I finished ORD-AMS and AMS-DXB. Sadly they all contain more than 10 pictures and they are also bigger than 200kb. I don't wanna strip those reports apart, but I have them in my blog in full glory. So if that's okay with the forum rules, I can post the link to my blog so you can all enjoy the next reports in a proper way?!

I would love to post my next trip reports on the RTW-Tour. So far I finished ORD-AMS and AMS-DXB. Sadly they all contain more than 10 pictures and they are also bigger than 200kb. I don't wanna strip those reports apart, but I have them in my blog in full glory. So if that's okay with the forum rules, I can post the link to my blog so you can all enjoy the next reports in a proper way?!
If you open a new topic and show at least one picture in the correct size, there won´t be anything to say again.

Your shots make me wanna purchase the 747 even more........ Very nice shots, i would LOVE to see more please!!!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Your shots make me wanna purchase the 747 even more
Go for it! You won't regret it.
Very nice shots, i would LOVE to see more please!!!
I just posted part 2 and 3 here. ORD-AMS-DXB. Above the two pictures you will find the links to the full flight reports. Edited by 25L

I would love to know your ENBseries and environment settings :)!
It's really just the enbseries.ini that comes with Pablo Diaz wonderful HDEv2. The whole environment is basically enhanced by UT (with night lighting enabled), GE and ASE. Limiting the visibilty in ASE to 29 miles, enabling the ASE controlled distance haze layer and stuff like that.Think of FS9 as an aging lady. You gotta find a way to put enough make-up on to hide all the imperfections, and put the spotlight on your qualities. :wink:The time for FSX has not come for me yet. I'm very satisfied with my current FS9 setup and sadly FSX doesn't run anywhere near the performance of my FS9 with enhancements like AI traffic and all the other mandatory stuff like UTX, GEX and REX. Strange enough that all other state-of-the-art applications and games run like a charm on my machine maxed out. Now if only we would get a decent B777 in FS9, I would never have to switch... Edited by 25L

It's really just the enbseries.ini that comes with Pablo Diaz wonderful HDEv2. The whole environment is basically enhanced by UT (with night lighting enabled), GE and ASE. Limiting the visibilty in ASE to 29 miles, enabling the ASE controlled distance haze layer and stuff like that.Think of FS9 as an aging lady. You gotta find a way to put enough make-up on to hide all the imperfections, and put the spotlight on your qualities. :wink:The time for FSX has not come for me yet. I'm very satisfied with my current FS9 setup and sadly FSX doesn't run anywhere near the performance of my FS9 with enhancements like AI traffic and all the other mandatory stuff like UTX, GEX and REX. Strange enough that all other state-of-the-art applications and games run like a charm on my machine maxed out. Now if only we would get a decent B777 in FS9, I would never have to switch...
Ah great thank you. I am excited to see the next few legs of your tour - I saw 2 & 3 on your blog.I agree with not being ready for FSX. For me, FS9 still has a lot to give, and since a lot of developers still support it, it will be hard to make the switch.