Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

Turbulence again?

Does anyone else find the horrible turbulence is back with the latest Beta 6 with real weather. Just tried a couple flights in various aircraft and the winds were 15'ish gusting to 20, the turbulence reading on data output was .122, and "ALL" aircraft were pretty much un-flyable. It was so bad they were almost rolling over. I'm not a real world pilot, so can someone comment on how hard a small aircraft would be to handle in winds similar to these conditions. To me, it sure feels like we are back to the ridiculous turbulence.Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

This is too bad...the turbulence model actually seemed to have been improved just prior to this update.Have you guys put in a bug notice/request? Maybe to remind them of the "improved code"?BillKGYH

Well, I don't know if it's because of the turbulence, but I have got this ridiculous "rotate around the axis while standing still on the runway with throttle at idle problem". It feels like it's become worse. Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Me too. X Plane has much to offer,i have spent the past few months adjusting settings,buying add on planes and whirly birds and generally having a great time sight seeing...I decided to start on the ATC yesterday and filed a flight plan from Manchester to Liverpool....I was instructed to climb to 5000feet with real world weather on and my plane got torn apart,wings came off,you name it.I have managed a successful flight but with all weather clear...I imagine the atc and such could be a lesson in confusion for newcomers too if you don't tune the radios beforehand to the appropriate frequencies. (which requires looking at the airport info on the local map all the time).....And i found it best not to follow the yellow arrows on taxi too,and just follow the atc instructions.So,with clear weather it's a good experience but things got very nasty for me up at 5000feet with real world weather.:)

I haven't got beta 6 yet but it looks like something got broken in the update. Lets hope there is a quick fix.

Edited by jasonX

Those Darn programmers. They just love to have fun once in awhile.Bob

Programmers have often said.....When you fix one thing and it breaks another, then something is seriously wrong.Bob

Just tested version 10.04 beta 6 demo.It's again 1 step forward and 2 steps back ...... SIGH .............Back is the ridiculous exagerated turbulence, back is the wind that rotates the aircraft around its axis, still the unrealisticly left turn tendancy in level flight and unstable airplanes.Don't they test those things? I shall never buy XPX before the flight dynamics/physics and general behaviour becomes at least as realistic as Microsoft FSX.I know, folks will say again: 'You must be patient, it's still an early beta. Don't judge on the default planes, they are bad, third party planes are muuucccch better!'Oh i see, this means i have to buy this unfinished beta first, and then within a few years XPX will be 'finished' like XP 9.7 ?Why on earth default planes with 'bad' unrealistic flight dynamics? A DEMO version is for demonstration and evaluation purposes BEFORE you buy a product, right ?It's now like trying a new car, that behaves rather bad in turns, but the salesman says " yes i know, but that's the demo vehicle, the actual car is much better, trust me ! "I don't mind about clouds not finished yet, i don't mind some roads starting and going to nowhere, i don't mind having deserted airports at this moment, i don't care about playing XPX on a telephone :X-Plane always claimed to be thé more 'realistic' flight simulator, and the future of flight simulation.Well i believe XPX has great potential, but just prove it so that i can FLY it, experience it and finally enjoy it.When i really want to be in a roller coaster i shall buy a ticket in an amusement park or maybe download MS Flight as it is at this moment ! :(

Edited by Bartbear

Don't they test those things? I shall never buy XPX before the flight dynamics/physics and general behaviour becomes at least as realistic as Microsoft FSX.
???????God, I hope it doesn't get THAT bad!
I know, folks will say again: 'You must be patient, it's still an early beta. Don't judge on the default planes, they are bad, third party planes are muuucccch better!'Oh i see, this means i have to buy this unfinished beta first, and then within a few years XPX will be 'finished' like XP 9.7 ?
Of course not. You don't have to buy anything. You're definitely free to wait it out until all the kinks are ironed out. And it won't take a few years. XP9 was only out for about 4 or 5 years before 10 was out.
Why on earth default planes with 'bad' unrealistic flight dynamics? A DEMO version is for demonstration and evaluation purposes BEFORE you buy a product, right ?It's now like trying a new car, that behaves rather bad in turns, but the salesman says " yes i know, but that's the demo vehicle, the actual car is much better, trust me ! "
Bad analogy. A car doesn't get updated for free.
I don't mind about clouds not finished yet, i don't mind some roads starting and going to nowhere, i don't mind having deserted airports at this moment, i don't care about playing XPX on a telephone :X-Plane always claimed to be thé more 'realistic' flight simulator, and the future of flight simulation.Well i believe XPX has great potential, but just prove it so that i can FLY it, experience it and finally enjoy it.When i really want to be in a roller coaster i shall buy a ticket in an amusement park or maybe download MS Flight as it is at this moment ! :(
Here are 3 companies who are testing their aircraft on X Plane using X Planes core flight model. They are using X Plane to prove their aircraft can actually fly. There are more, but I can't think of them right now.This, for me at least, is enough proof about X Planes flight model.http://www.cartercopters.com/http://verticopter.c...arrow_aircraft/http://www.iconaircraft.com/Hope this helps.

Here are 3 companies who are testing their aircraft on X Plane using X Planes core flight model. They are using X Plane to prove their aircraft can actually fly. There are more, but I can't think of them right now.This, for me at least, is enough proof about X Planes flight model.http://www.cartercopters.com/
And the Carter test copters have only crashed 8 times in 5 years. Here is an example: :(

How many times have the following aircraft crashed...Boeing seriesMD seriesAirbus seriesCessna seriesBeechcraft seriesAntonov seriesThe Russian military SU seriesThe Russian military Mig seriesThe American military F seriesShall I go on...?These aircraft used Wind Tunnels for testing. Carter Copter crashed 8 times in 5 years? That video was dated 2003. I can't recall exactly, but I think Carter Copter adopted X Plane in 2006.How many aircraft manufacturers used FSX, or ANY MSFS version for flight tests? Larry, these are obviously rhetorical questions. You're definitely smart enough to know this. So I would like to politely ask you to not denigrate this thread into another pointless X Plane vs FSX argument.I'm simply stating facts. X Plane is used by aircraft manufacturers (including NASA) to test their aircraft. No version of MSFS has ever been used for this.I was simply addressing Barts original opinions.

Larry, these are obviously rhetorical questions. You're definitely smart enough to know this. So I would like to politely ask you to not denigrate this thread into another pointless X Plane vs FSX argument.
We could have a truce, but that would take the fun out of it.... :smile:Afterall, you're still able to take small jabs at MSFS, throughout the daily postings, on this forum. I'm still somewhat neutral. A little XP here, and some MSFS there. Maybe even throw in some "Flight"...
How many aircraft manufacturers used FSX, or ANY MSFS version for flight tests?
None that I know of. But manufacturers such as Cessna have teamed up with FSX 3rd parties to show off their new airplane. Example, Flight 1 Cessna Mustang.

We could have a truce, but that would take the fun out of it.... :smile:Afterall, you're still able to take small jabs at MSFS, throughout the daily postings, on this forum. I'm still somewhat neutral. A little XP here, and some MSFS there. Maybe even throw in some "Flight"...
I'll take jabs at x plane as well. Always have.
None that I know of. But manufacturers such as Cessna have teamed up with FSX 3rd parties to show off their new airplane. Example, Flight 1 Cessna Mustang.
Larry...come on...we all know the truth behind such collaborations...$$$$$$$$$$$$Would you place the same amount of cred behind Boeings co-operation with Ariane? I see the Boeing licensed logo all over their web site. And anyone who knows flight sim knows Ariane and their reputation. I could pay Boeing enough money and be allowed to put their logo on a pair of my jocks.