Sign in to follow this  
funnelpond

Flight will cost a small fortune

For those that think $20.00 (or more) bucks is too much for these packs, I would like you to see it from my perspective...1) First Pack $20.00. This includes a "decent" plane, GREAT graphics (cities, landmarks, airports, trees... etc.), excellently presented missions, challenges, etc. All of this for HOURS and HOURS of entertainment. How much does "one" 2 HOUR movie cost???2) If you smoke... $40.00 bucks for "one" WEEK of smoking!!! And you're killing yourself at that! LOL!3) "One" case of beer... $35.00 (the good Canadian beer!!!). "One" evening of pleasure... 2 DAYS of hang-over! LOL!See what I'm sayin'?<grin>

If my wife catch me with a pen an a paper adding the amount I had spent in fsx ill better call a lawyer and move to the dog house. I don't think flight will help on that at all. On a side note :I'm sure other country's will get content later on . Please Ms take my money and give me Alaska .........

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I hope it doesnt cost more than the Hawaii pack, thats pretty much what i can afford and is willing to pay for it.
Like any good drug dealer you keep the price low initially to get people hooked and then you jack up the price. I think people would rather pay $40 for Alaska than go through Flight withdrawal. :Sick:

Like any good drug dealer you keep the price low initially to get people hooked and then you jack up the price. I think people would rather pay $40 for Alaska than go through Flight withdrawal. :Sick:
Good point Fuzzy! <grin>

I see it this way, if the xpacks are too expensive im just going to stick with FSX, i would never pay 30-40 $ for an xpack, thats just too much.
Agreed, why would anybody spend that amount and still not gain the whole world for it. It just does not make any sense particularly for anybody who has spent fairly large amount of money on FSX.I have recently installed the VRS F18 which I purchased some time ago and am having blast learning how to start from cold and dark and getting the thing of the ground.Spending time and particularly large amounts of money on Flight when I have a machine like that will really seem like going back to the dark ages of flight simming, and I don't mean any disrespect to any Flight supporters when I say that.Bryan. Edited by bsmfinegan

HelloEurope ?,Somehow I get the feeling we simmers over here are not on their radar.
3.79 million square miles is the size of the United States, MS may release the West coast, Central or the East coast of the United State in one DLC as they will be doing for Alaska , it does not have to be state by state...Alaska is a pretty big part of the US at 656,425 square miles, and the release from MS will cover 1.2 millions square miles....does that make sense to you?So if MS can release one area of 1.2 millions miles every 4 months (since Alaska is going to be release sometimes this Spring) Europe should not be that far off.....we'll see.

I see it this way, if the xpacks are too expensive im just going to stick with FSX, i would never pay 30-40 $ for an xpack, thats just too much.
But in FSX you pay $30-$40 for a single airport. I just dont get it...

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

The good part of it is that you can buy only where you want to fly, no need to buy everything release by MS, same with 3PD addons...you just buy what ever you like from them.I have a feeling that I will like a lot of their release....
That is a very good point, I only have specific regions I mainly fly in, and as a percentage of all the coverage in FSX it would be a very small number...

Yes, but thats to enhance what you already have.Bryan.

Nor do I. I just spent 130 Oz Dollars on four airfields in the PacNW region... and if Flight offered what I wanted, I'd no doubt spend as much there too...

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

They have to much money invested in FSX, and I'm assuming they can't afford to spend more on another sim., .....

3.79 million square miles is the size of the United States, MS may release the West coast, Central or the East coast of the United State in one DLC as they will be doing for Alaska , it does not have to be state by state...Alaska is a pretty big part of the US at 656,425 square miles, and the release from MS will cover 1.2 millions square miles....does that make sense to you?So if MS can release one area of 1.2 millions miles every 4 months (since Alaska is going to be release sometimes this Spring) Europe should not be that far off.....we'll see.
Is there a link for the bolded part or is this just speculation. I know they've announced Alaska is next but I haven't seen any mention of one pack or multiple packs.

They have to much money invested in FSX, and I'm assuming they can't afford to spend more on another sim., .....
Not always an issue of cost though, what would I rather fly, something like the PMDG 747 in FSX or the Icon in Flight?I will leave you to work out the answer.Bryan.

Is there a link for the bolded part or is this just speculation. I know they've announced Alaska is next but I haven't seen any mention of one pack or multiple packs.
No link, read the red part...3.79 million square miles is the size of the United States, MS may release the West coast, Central or the East coast of the United State in one DLC as they will be doing for Alaska , it does not have to be state by state...Alaska is a pretty big part of the US at 656,425 square miles, and the release from MS will cover 1.2 millions square miles....does that make sense to you?So if MS can release one area of 1.2 millions miles every 4 months (since Alaska is going to be release sometimes this Spring) Europe should not be that far off.....we'll see.

We are sold the world many times. First by MS with "better than FSX, but not perfect" level (I think what we have seen so far looks very good, but for example autogen & textures could be improved. I bet that this level was chosen intentionally). Then by Orbx maybe next year. Then by someone else doing it even more perfect with some algorithm placing individual trees based on aerial images? Then maybe paid upgrades? It will never end :-PLuckily anyone can decide what to buy :-)