Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Third cockpitless aircraft, I'm just about done...

What is going on with Alaska? What happens if MS pull the plug? Why is news so slow, reminds me of the waiting for GTA5, except the game is released! I just wish they would open it up now, or at least allow porting of FSX files? (Just ideas, don't kill me!!)

True. But that is only at Steam. We don't know the actual numbers overall. Not to mention that they may not be expecting millions of players right away.... It takes time for people to find out about things like this. I knew about it because I was looking for something like it in the fall. But even then, because it wasn't out yet at the time, I forgot about it and only remembered to take a look at it about a month ago... I would say a lot of people still have to hear about it... There are also lots of people in places like India and China (a growing number of them entering the middle class) that might also be interested in a game like this... not sure if it being marketed there yet though and even if it is, it is an ongoing process with the expectation of increasing numbers of consumers.
I don't think that people in India and China are any more interested in Flight than anywhere else, and interest has been clearly pretty low generally.

Steam is still the by far biggest gaming platform and most of the people will very likely find or at least use Flight through it.

I see no way how mainstream could find Flight interesting enough to actually buy addons for it, nobody likes warbirds that can't be actually used to do what they were meant to do, shoot other planes down. And general interest in peaceful civilian flying seems to be pretty low outside simulator community.

You must know that Flight through Steam isn't offered in all country's (This item is currently unavailable in your region). So you can't quite compare use of it with other Steam games which are available all around the world.

You must know that Flight through Steam isn't offered in all country's (This item is currently unavailable in your region). So you can't quite compare use of it with other Steam games which are available all around the world.

Yes, but the Steam numbers available wouldn't be "blockbuster" for a game only available in Wyoming.

Yes, but the Steam numbers available wouldn't be "blockbuster" for a game only available in Wyoming.

Upvotes for you my friend!

7:41 AM Vatsim , 400 some pilots. I wonder if the totals from vatsim are constantly comparable , some 2 % of FSX / FS9 simmers do so online .

Diablo III weekend beta server test had around 350.000 participants.

Flight weekend beta server test had around 500 participants.

Cockpitless warbirds will come again in the next months.

Actually, thats problem with LIVE too, Some countries are excluded and you can buy nothing.