Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Saitek Pro Flight and Extra Quadrant

Guest jeffarmy77

If you go to "Controls" -> TAB "Control Axis".

In the "Controller Type" drop down box, select your controller.

Scroll down and you see "Flaps Axis" and "Spoiler Axis"

There you can set up all moving axis for FS.

You got it!!...lol. I Have dual quadrants set up, running either a 2 engine prop or 4 engine jet, plus flaps and spoilers.

Jeff Baumgartner

Sorry, but wrong... I have Proflight Yoke System + Saitek Rudder Pedals + 2 throttle Quadrants and NO need Fsuipc !

On quadrant I have throttle, speedbrake, flaps lever and so...

Regards,

Richard Portier

thats ok, but its not enough to say "its wrong". Tell us how you set flaps and speedbrake levers?

I too have the flaps, spoiler, speed brakes, thrust-rev thrust set up om mine, with no FSUIPC. (just one quad though -for ow) I'm not at my machine, buy I'll send the set up when I get a chance. Although I will get the full version at some point, just due to it's ease in setting up other functions as well.

V

Have any of you done the Mods to your Saitek Equipmeht?

I did the mod on my Saitek Rudder pedals that removes the Center Ident.

http://forums.eagle....ead.php?t=73311

What im interested in doing now is the Mod below for the Yoke. After watching the video it looks a little involved. Has anyone succesfully moded theirs like this or is their any other suggestions for getting a smoother feel out of the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke?

Use the one in my sig, it takes 5-10 minutes.

I'd also recommend fsuipc because you can then have different tq configs for each aircraft.

If you go to "Controls" -> TAB "Control Axis".

In the "Controller Type" drop down box, select your controller.

Scroll down and you see "Flaps Axis" and "Spoiler Axis"

There you can set up all moving axis for FS.

Tnx, thats nice, didnt know that you can do it via FS control settings.

FSUIPC gives us some extra settings, but its good to know one do not have to buy it if he do not want to.

Ok here's my set up for the throttle, in FSX w/o FSUICP. I have a complete setup for the default FSX aircraft, and this works for the PMDG 744. I'm sure FSUICP will make it much easier, but until then...Big%20Grin.gif

This is for a set up for the throttle quad functions only, with the spoiler being on the left, throttle in the middle and flaps on the right. (red , black and blue knobs changed accordingly) I have trim settings and other functions set up on the yoke to my own desire, such as ATC, views etc. Those are up to you and how you prefer the settings! I like to fly tubers, so I leave it as is...

If anyone can find a better set up, or tweak these to function better (other than using FSUICP), please let me know! The only quirks I have found is that the spoiler may need to be reset if fully deployed, just move the lever up out of the "bottom zone (button 21) There may be some tweaks that will make it work better...give it a try..ans let me know!!

Settings and Controls

Control Axes

Controller type -- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

Event-

Flaps Axis - Y Rotation - Check in “reverse box”

Spoiler Axis - Z Axis - No check in box

Throttle Axis - X Rotation - No check in box

Buttons / Keys

Event category - All events

Spoilers(extend/retract) under joystick choose button 21 and no repeat (slider to the full left)

Throttle(decease quickly) under joystick choose button 22 and full repeat (slider to full right)

Flaps (extend fully) under joystick choose button 23 and half repeat (this extends flaps to 30)

Calibration

Under Spoiler Axis set sensitivity to the full right, null zone full left.

With this set up, you can use spoilers at any angle of deployment in flight to decrease speed.