Sign in to follow this  
Guest DanielBu

Poodles on heat ....

Guest Vilk

here's an experiment:play with frequency and delayas per a post abovedoes anything change?if it does, tweak it to satisfactionif it does not, you're looking at the wrong filessome other lamer fx/bgl has higher priorityand is screwing you up

Guest Charlie Hall

As far as I can tell, all original .dll files in the modules folder have the version number 9.0.0.30612 You might take a look at any modules you have that do not have this number and see if there is anything there that could be causing it.

Guest Larry S

MarkI renamed the wavecontroller.fx on mine, and have no waves. As a test, rename or remove yours. If you rename or move yours, and still have waves, something/someone has added one or more effect files. If, for example, I wanted to mess with you, I could edit the existing controller to speed things up and save it with a different name, then place my controller on a shoreline and include the new controller and bgl in my scenery. I hate to even think someone would do something like that, but then again, my antivirus has stopped 8 in the last 45 days. People like that do exist. Someone may even have thought faster waves are better.If you still have waves after renaming the file, start unchecking addon sceneries until you find it.

Guest DanielBu

Strange...maybe it's the wind ;)It would be cool to find out about the cause - maybe we could speed up or slow down the waves animation.-Daniel

Has anyone ever gotten to the bopttom of this? I am now having this problem too. My wavecontroller.fx looks exactly as described and the wave fx files are original. I am lost.Misha

Guest panda234

you can tell 2x? Cool. Bend over and we'll take it to a new level.billg

I hate Poodles. Any other analogy but that.... :)Mark check your PM's.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest Dakota

At least he didn't say "poodles packing heat". Now that would have been scary.

Ok boys,Here it is...Alan Trussell quotes the following:"The fix required for this wave speed up is in the texture folder of the effects folder on the original disc for fs9. It is named fx_swoosh also whilst there replace the file fx_swoosh2 and fx_falls. All three files are on the FS9 disc one.A third party scenery file has overwritten these files and because they were half the size made the waves faster and waterfalls spray transparent rectangles,Other posts and key words ie, Poodles on Heat,Black rectangles, waves etc.Thanks to Tim and Shep on Visual flight forum."

ChaseYOU DA MAN! And thanks to Alan, Tim and Shep, it seems!"Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, I do like to be beside the sea ..... TRA LA!"All tested, and it works. Cool. I am puzzled why reducing a texture size has an effect on what is basically a small program (FX file) which only references such texture, but that's the answer, all right.Hoorah! And thanks for posting.Now if I could only sort the 'stutter>pause' problem I get sporadically .... which I know is the result of some other add-on I have installed. But finding it? Duhhhhh, little chance, methinks.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

OMG am I allowed to be excited about this fix?! (I guess it would a bit sad to go running round the house telling my partner I had fixed my waves - men in white coats may soon arrive at the front door!)Going to reinstall the files off FS2004 disc one tonight and here's hoping!Thanks for the postsRegardsAdamAdam Moorewww.hhuk.netWin XP Pro - Dell Dimension 4500P4 2.54 GHz - 2GB RAMHiTech Radeon 128MB 9800Pro IceQRadeon Omega ATI drivers19" CRT 1600x1200 @ 100hzAudiophile 24/96FS2004 + UK2000 1/2/3/4/5/6/EGLL PROUK VFR Photographic Scenery 1/2/3/4UK VFR Terrain MeshUltimate VFR : RealAir SF-260Ultimate IFR : PMDG 737Ultimate FUN : RealAir Scout

Hurrah it worked!Now to track down the piece of software which caused all this trouble in the first place!Adam