Sign in to follow this  
morganbrenNWA

Flickering in FSX?

Hello, I had installed a new hard drive into my computer about a month ago and intalled FSX. I was having problems and still do have problems with flickering that is going on in FSX. It is really noticable at airport because the lines flicker like theres no tomorrow and also objects in the distance are flickering and I turned Anti-Aliasing on and that helped a little. Also I do not have Directx 10 enabled as I heard it causes flickering. So do any of you know of this sort of issue and is there a fix for it. I do not understand what has happened because before I had this new hard drive there was no problem like this. I had also run a program called driver finder and I now have every driver update that my computer needs. So any help ii appreciated.Thanks for the help!!!

Set your video card up according to the sticky post in the General PMDG forum - that should make most of it go away, that's aliasing you're seeing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I noticed a flicker on my second monitor, and it was indeed the GPU, I had it o/c'd a bit, set it back to default and had no flicker.

V

Ok sorry it took so long to reply (Busy student LOL)...Well reading that Sticky and doing some of the changes did help but there is still a lot of flickering at the airport terminals especially on approach into a airport. Not just the airport but trees and the lines on the wing of the NGX when I am on the outside view panning left and right it flickers and the even the white spots around the windows of the aircraft! Do I need to do any tweaking or is there a tool that can help me out?

Thanks again for the help!