Sign in to follow this  
flyingnoob

which operating system is most advised?

I have win7 installed on a 60gb SSD and it is taking up 32gb of that as we speak. I have been very careful to install everything on either my FSX drive or regular HD. Ideally you want FSX on a separate drive, but if you're going to install to the same drive as win7 you should be ok until January as long as you don't install a lot of photo scenery etc...

Hi Fatback,

Thanks.

So just to clarify im doing this correctly, righ clicking my c/ drive, (strangely) now tells me im using 63GB (i dont understand where this extra 5GB has come from), but if i navigate to my C/program files ... ms fsx folder, right click and go to properties it tells me "size on disk" 17.5GB

So my guessing is obv im using 63.GB and fs is using 17.5GB of that, am i assuming that correctly? - that is with utx installed but not my pmdg md11, my guess is even though my md-11 is downloaded it isnt going to take up any more space once it is installed, as its already in my system.

My guess is i should now just go for a bigger ssd just now. say a 90GB one, lol then i'm aswell getting a 120GB one, then bugger it i'm aswell getting a 256GB one lmao!!

Kind regards

Paul

Paul, yes, right clicking on a folder or drive will tell you the amount of space used and the amount that is available. With a disk harddrive you don't want to let them get too full, but you can with an SSD.

Hey FatBack,

Well im in no danger of letting my hdd get full, im only usin 63.0GB out of my 250B

Regards

Paul