Sign in to follow this  
nrcapes

Radar Contact Co-pilot and 737NGX

Thinking about buying NGX but I fly a virtual airline on long routes and use Radar Contact 4 to auto-pause the sim at a desired distance from the destination. Will this still work with 737NGX? Or does the NGX Pause at Top of Descent replace this?

I also use RC4 co-pilot to handle ATC comm and fly the plane during the long flight so I can do other things. I had legacy FS9NG for a while but understood that RC4 co-pilot would not work with it. Still true with NGX? Even without using the FMC?

thanks! :mellow:

The radar contact pause works fine with NGX. However, the co-pilot is not able to fly the plane. You don't really need it to though, as long as you take the plane to cruising altitude before handing the comms to him and then either returning to or pausing the flight before the RC top of descent. Note that this is, as far as I can tell always earlier than the tod calculated by NGX, so set the pause early enough to make sure you don't miss it. I find that from a cruising altitude of FL370 or so, the TOD is around 170nm from the destination, so set your pause at about 190-200nm and you will be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The radar contact pause works fine with NGX. However, the co-pilot is not able to fly the plane. You don't really need it to though, as long as you take the plane to cruising altitude before handing the comms to him and then either returning to or pausing the flight before the RC top of descent. Note that this is, as far as I can tell always earlier than the tod calculated by NGX, so set the pause early enough to make sure you don't miss it. I find that from a cruising altitude of FL370 or so, the TOD is around 170nm from the destination, so set your pause at about 190-200nm and you will be fine.

Thanks. So does this mean that the RC "pause at distance" does not actually pause the sim, so I have to manually pause it before the NGX tod? I wanted to let RC4 pause at a distance BEFORE the NGX tod and then return and take control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No, the pause in RC4 works just as it does with other planes, as far as I can see.

Paul Scholey

Paul Skol

Yes, the RC pause works just as normal. Sorry if I confused the issue. My point really was that you need to set the pause at distance to be greater than the tod calculated by NGX as the copilot is not able to begin descent for you and RC always asks you to start your descent before the NGX calculated point.