Sign in to follow this  
dubravko

Carenado FS2004 C208 oil pressure low issue

Hello,

I was unable to find any topics regarding this issue with carenado C208 for FS9.

I saw some YT videos and it seems that some other users as well have the same issue.

Basic problem is that C208 for FS9 when engine running low (for example when taxiing) there is always oil pressure low bulb lightened. Only when power applied for takeoff and RPM goes higher light comes out.

I'm not sure if this is the case with real C208's or it's a bug with Carenado's C208 for FS9... most likely bug because I saw none real C208 cockpit videos or C208 for FSX with such a behaviour.

Is there any solution for it? No updates at the moment on official Carenado page that solve this.

Your comments are welcome... thanks for your help in advance.

BR, Dubravko!

I had opposite, too much pressure and a warning light, on another aircraft type.

Try this, I downloaded AirEd - or you can use another .air file editor - found the Oil Pressure setting and made the adjustment there.

In the feelthere Caravan here's the settings for your reference;

Engine Oil Pressure

- Oil Pressure Scale Factor=0.850000

- Oil Pressure Limit 144psi=864.000000

- Oil Pressure Rate of Change=0.8000000

On this vid you can see the Oil Press light extinguish right after the engine has stablised after start sequence. (1m 13s)

Found it. Its the Oil Pressure Scale Factor in the .air needs changing, as above.

I just adjusted mine back from 0.85 to 0.25 and the lights shining bright!