Sign in to follow this  
Alec

Black Friday for the MD11?

Count me as another who would buy the MD-11 if they dropped the price a little.

As it is now though, I'm just going to wait for the 777.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...typing errors imminent

Full price for the MD11 not going to happen with an Airbus on Final Approach, also a Dash 8, a 777 that will be even better than the current FSX Benchmark 737NGX, wow... I really have to start saving some money.

Alexis Mefano

I would love to get the MD-11 but cause i'm 15 and therefore have no stable income whatsoever, I have to be careful how i spend my money. It would complete my PMDG collection though.

I started flight simming when my dad got me FS2002 for my 5th birthday.

Hands down my favorite plane for FS. I have yet to find another plane that is more fun and rewarding to fly. It is much more challenging than the other relative aircraft presently available. Flying the other

PMDG and the LVLD are just too boring now.

:( Hearing all this makes me sad it's not in my FS Hangar.

Alexis Mefano

Well, you have heard everything you need to know so go ahead and get it? Then you'll be ready for the 777 price drop. lol

If you need more convincing watch this VIDEO

I would love to get the MD-11 but cause i'm 15 and therefore have no stable income whatsoever, I have to be careful how i spend my money. It would complete my PMDG collection though.

I started flight simming when my dad got me FS2002 for my 5th birthday.

holy smoke your a 10 year veteran, well done! try hitting your dad up for a loan, if you go to the website you will see it discounted.

ZORAN

try hitting your dad up for a loan

... or drop a hint for a Christmas present.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

One thing that I don't like about the MD11 is it doesn't do well along a Weather Engine, like OpusFSX. It gets crazy with Wind Shift, and PMDG will probably never make another patch for it.

Alexis Mefano

Just flip through the MD-11 Forum here and you will find other topics about if they should buy it or not, and their reaction when they do buy it. It is expensive, but it is more than worth the price. I bought the 747 & -F add-on and I don't even fly them anymore.

Well, you have heard everything you need to know so go ahead and get it? Then you'll be ready for the 777 price drop. lol

If you need more convincing watch this VIDEO

My personal favorite FS video:

One thing that I don't like about the MD11 is it doesn't do well along a Weather Engine, like OpusFSX. It gets crazy with Wind Shift, and PMDG will probably never make another patch for it.

I can't speak for OpusFSX, as I use ActiveSky, but I don't have any issues with the autopilot and large wind shifts. However, I do using when using 2x Time Acceleration (4x seems to work fine under testing purposes). ActiveSky, and FSUIPC, also allows you to moderate the sudden wind direction and speed changes to mitigate those affects.

I haven't heard of people having permanently broken interaction to where they can't fly the plane under normal time acceleration, it is just under 2x and beyond. If they were I'd be more interesting in seeing how they are setting up the flights, loading cargo and setting up the FMC. Like I said earlier, this airplane is more complicated than the others people are used to and you can't just go throwing cargo and numbers around in the FMC and expect things to go smoothly. It's all about attention to detail, especially when loading the airplane. This airplane is significantly different from the Boeing's and Airbus's people are used to.

Do the MD11 Bounce After Touchdown? Watching some MD-11 Videos on Youtube it's quite common to see it bounce before settling on the ground. That aircraft is a beast to master... wow

Alexis Mefano

Just flip through the MD-11 Forum here and you will find other topics about if they should buy it or not, and their reaction when they do buy it. It is expensive, but it is more than worth the price. I bought the 747 & -F add-on and I don't even fly them anymore.

this guy missed his calling as a short film movie director, he even got the music right!

My personal favorite FS video:

ZORAN

I finally gave in and bought the MD-11 at a slightly discounted rate, about $55 for the boxed version after shipping. I really didn't want to pay even that much though, but after getting in an *all* the AoA Black Friday deals I really had to have it. Now I just need the Level D 767 and I'm set (at least till the PMDG 777 comes out).

First, Opus has terrible winds aloft modeling. This is very evident in the fact that if you look at their website, any mention to real winds aloft says "coming soon."

Second, it's not a PMDG issue, it's a weather issue. Any plane, when placed into an erratic situation has been set to disconnect the A/P. In FSX, it's not unheard of to go from a 100 knot headwind, to a 60 knot tailwind, and right back to a 100 knot headwind. This isn't something a normal aircraft would be subjected to, so the idea that you should patch an aircraft to fix it is borderline absurd.

Third, it's a well-known issue that more complex add-ons are more sensitive. This is part of the reason they do so well, otherwise. The fix is to use a program that allows wind smoothing. The best results for me have been AS2012 DWC with FSUIPC wind settings in place.

Kyle Rodgers